turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Birthday to Me

Started by Sir-diealot, January 17, 2020, 06:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I never really get anything for myself for CHRISTmas until after it is over as I am always making sure my nephews and my girlfriend are taken care of fist. This year I bought myself 2 calls as a combination CHRISTmas and birthday present (My birthday was the eleventh) First one and one that was planned on for a long time is a Chibouk (A.K.A. Smoker) in tulipwood from Anthony at AGE Turkey Trumpets.

IMG_0810 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0796 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

The second is a Outlaw Hen from Lonnie Sneed. Thanks to Greg Massey for suggesting this one to me on several occasions, it plays quite nice with very little effort.

IMG_0817 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0816 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

I figured my actually making half a century old deserved some nice calls.

Oh I almost forgot about this lanyard from sbbow
82408489_468009954108937_1474350139710636032_n by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Nice calls , congrats and glad i could help...

1iagobblergetter

Congrats...I use the I never really get myself anything excuse a few times a month.. :icon_thumright:

3bailey3

very nice! I really like that pipe caller, never saw one like that.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 17, 2020, 07:09:01 PM
very nice! I really like that pipe caller, never saw one like that.
Thanks. Here is a link to his site and the page for those calls. http://www.agetrumpets.com/chibouk.html
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 17, 2020, 07:00:02 PM
Thanks and I am too. :D

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 17, 2020, 07:05:16 PM
Congrats...I use the I never really get myself anything excuse a few times a month.. :icon_thumright:
lol You have to or nobody will.

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 17, 2020, 07:36:40 PM

You got that right..Lol..I call it rewarding myself for how many hours I work also.  :icon_thumright: That pipe caller is neat..If you have troubles mastering it don't get any ideas so it doesn't go to waste... :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 17, 2020, 07:52:07 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 17, 2020, 07:36:40 PM

You got that right..Lol..I call it rewarding myself for how many hours I work also.  :icon_thumright: That pipe caller is neat..If you have troubles mastering it don't get any ideas so it doesn't go to waste... :TooFunny:
I showed it to a friend and his first question was "Can you smoke weed in it?" I told him if he ever tried he would end up more gimpy than I am!

John Koenig:

Jester87

Congrats on a really nice haul and happy belated bday.  :biggringift:  Love my outlaw hen. Try a tulipwood striker on it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Jester87 on January 17, 2020, 07:58:51 PM
Congrats on a really nice haul and happy belated bday.  :biggringift:  Love my outlaw hen. Try a tulipwood striker on it.
Thank you very much. I will have to do that, I have not been able to do much with either, they came in the mail yesterday and the day before I had a major asthma attack and my lungs are just beginning to feel better tonight so I have not been able to play the pipe at all and I have been running Mennonites around all week so I have not been able to do much with the Hot Hen either, but I do have two different tulipwood strikers and will be sure to try them out as soon as I can.

John Koenig:

Sixes

Nice gifts! Those AGE calls are something else, I have some of his trumpets but not a chibouk

It's always funny that everyone tells me that they never know what to give me for a gift, but I never seem to have a problem getting something for myself.

I'll be hitting the half century mark this year in May (May the Fourth be with you :toothy9:) and I'm fairly certain that they/I will be getting me a Browning Hell's Canyon Speed (300 WSM) topped with a Leupold VX5HD in 3.5-15x44 for my birthday.

I really hope I am surprised

Happy

First of all happy birthday. Nice looking calls. I can vouch for the outlaw hen, it's a good call. Enjoy them and hope both serve you well this spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sixes on January 17, 2020, 08:52:16 PM
Nice gifts! Those AGE calls are something else, I have some of his trumpets but not a chibouk

It's always funny that everyone tells me that they never know what to give me for a gift, but I never seem to have a problem getting something for myself.

I'll be hitting the half century mark this year in May (May the Fourth be with you :toothy9:) and I'm fairly certain that they/I will be getting me a Browning Hell's Canyon Speed (300 WSM) topped with a Leupold VX5HD in 3.5-15x44 for my birthday.

I really hope I am surprised
Make sure you don't tell yourself what you are getting and that will help with the surprise. Also wrap it in secrecy.
I had a May the Fourth Be With You shirt but gave it away after I lost a lot of weight. I need to get another one.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on January 17, 2020, 08:55:06 PM
First of all happy birthday. Nice looking calls. I can vouch for the outlaw hen, it's a good call. Enjoy them and hope both serve you well this spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I found it pretty easy to get sound from the Chibouk, not the best sound as my asthma was giving me problems but much easier than I thought it would be.

John Koenig:

Sixes

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 17, 2020, 09:05:21 PM
Quote from: Sixes on January 17, 2020, 08:52:16 PM

Make sure you don't tell yourself what you are getting and that will help with the surprise. Also wrap it in secrecy.
I had a May the Fourth Be With You shirt but gave it away after I lost a lot of weight. I need to get another one.

May 4th is actually my birthday