OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flu Season - Unicoi

Started by HookedonHooks, January 15, 2020, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

As we all know it's peak flu season, my family and I returned home from Unicoi and a day later all came down with Influenza A. I'm hoping I didn't contract the virus prior and make anyone else sick, but I feel as if I probably picked it up while I was there.

If you come down with a sore throat and fever get to the doctor ASAP. Flu is bad this year, and there is new flu medication if you start it within 48 hours of the start of the symptoms, it apparently mutates the contaminated cells and stops them from multiplying. It will alleviate the symptoms much quicker and get you healthy again.

Just a heads up. Other than getting sick, it was an absolute blast, and already looking forward to next year!

BigSlam51

A bunch of people got sick after unicoi, hope you get better soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Hope you get better.  I made sure and used hand sanitizer during the entire show because I was freaked out.  I was very worried because of a ton of handshakes, guys sharing trumpets without cleaning, and a lot of other ways to catch it.  I didn't get sick thank God.  Just don't lock yourself out of your room in your underwear at 3am while trying to find the bathroom in your own room.  Shoulda left a light on.  Had to go to front desk to get a key.  In the rain. 2 buildings away. Barefoot. Wearing long johns.  It wasn't funny at the time. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

tal

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 15, 2020, 06:20:00 PM
Hope you get better.  I made sure and used hand sanitizer during the entire show because I was freaked out.  I was very worried because of a ton of handshakes, guys sharing trumpets without cleaning, and a lot of other ways to catch it.  I didn't get sick thank God.  Just don't lock yourself out of your room in your underwear at 3am while trying to find the bathroom in your own room.  Shoulda left a light on.  Had to go to front desk to get a key.  In the rain. 2 buildings away. Barefoot. Wearing long johns.  It wasn't funny at the time.
LOL. If you didn't want me to laugh, you shouldn't have told that story.

Sir-diealot

Hope you got to use the john in the lobby. I am a bit of a germ·o·phobe because I do not have a spleen and catch everything, I even had to stop visiting friends with kids in the winter because I get everything from them.

One set of things I did find that help me are  Echinacea Plus and SuperTonic from Herbdoc.com I do not get sick nearly as much as I used to since I started to use those and if I do get sick I take a triple dose of each and I am fine by morning. Just wish the stuff were a bit cheaper.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

West Augusta

Get well,
I was sick before with a pretty good sinus infection.  Almost didn't go. Woke up at 4 am Thursday and felt better and got up and went.  Was supposed to take a friend but didn't think his wife would like a 4 am phone call. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Greg Massey

LMBO...Hey , it's all good . at least you found the front desk...

doublespurs21

I didn't get to go,, but I got sick anyhow,,,,

moonshine

I've done the same exact thing before!  Not at Unicoi though; mine was at a work function where everyone was in the office for meetings and we'd been out for just a bit too long one night!  Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet!
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks

Turkeytider

Bad year to be in pretty much any large gathering place ( restaurants, church, many work places, call makers conventions, etc., etc. ). Things like Unicoi are just large petri dishes in a nice warm incubator. Not a knock at Unicoi, by the way. It`s a great time and anybody that enjoys turkeys should go at least once.