OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What happened to under armour hunting stuff?

Started by kytrkyhntr, January 15, 2020, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

They used to make pretty nice clothes and hunting gear especially turkey stuff. Didn't care for the best but the face mask and liner gloves were nice. Even liked a button up obsession short of theirs at one time. Doesn't seem like they make anything good anymore as far as hunting goes. Seems like you have to wait on eBay! Haven't seen anything good in years. Am I missing something?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

rakkin6

No I haven't seen anything lately either, but honestly I do the majority of my shopping for my.hunting gear at Academy Sports now since they opened by me. They have their own brand (Magellan) plus they carry nomad and ok Tom gear. Their brand is usually what I buy it is cheaper and the quality is just has good has the name brand stuff. The only thing I don't buy from them are their boots, I do buy name brand boots from their stores.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

Quote from: rakkin6 on January 15, 2020, 04:22:25 AM
No I haven't seen anything lately either, but honestly I do the majority of my shopping for my.hunting gear at Academy Sports now since they opened by me. They have their own brand (Magellan) plus they carry nomad and ok Tom gear. Their brand is usually what I buy it is cheaper and the quality is just has good has the name brand stuff. The only thing I don't buy from them are their boots, I do buy name brand boots from their stores.
X2 ... i pickup some pretty nice bottomland at Academy Sports ... all on sale ....

rbreedi1

There was some uproar a few years back about UA not supporting the hunting community in some instances of legally killed animals and trying to appease the anti-hunting groups.. and the hunting community in turn turned away from UA..
Thunder Ridge Totes

kytrkyhntr

I'll have to check that spot out, there's one probably an hour or so from where I'm at. I really don't need anything else but I'm just surprised they stopped. I'll have to further research it. I figured they were pro hunting.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Happy

I think the uproar was over some fellow spearing a bear on video. Never watched it and not sure who it was but if i remember right he was sponsored by under armour and they dropped him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on January 15, 2020, 06:42:49 PM
I think the uproar was over some fellow spearing a bear on video. Never watched it and not sure who it was but if i remember right he was sponsored by under armour and they dropped him.

I may be wrong but I think it was his wife that was sponsored by them and they dropped her because of her husbands video. Either way you are 100% correct, it was over spearing a bear and the way he acted afterwards.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

You may be right sir. I don't recall exactly what happened other than that it sounded like the video was pretty distasteful therefore I didn't watch it. Not going to give people who seem to have a dubious reputation the satisfaction of another view on their video. He may be a great fellow and I may be wrong. Wasnt gonna take the chance though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on January 15, 2020, 07:57:16 PM
You may be right sir. I don't recall exactly what happened other than that it sounded like the video was pretty distasteful therefore I didn't watch it. Not going to give people who seem to have a dubious reputation the satisfaction of another view on their video. He may be a great fellow and I may be wrong. Wasnt gonna take the chance though.

I want to say that I did see the video but I don't trust my memory but at the same time I remember thinking I don't blame them after seeing the reaction though I could be thinking of a completely different video.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Crghss

I saw some UA on mossy oak store the other day. I have some gloves by them they're great. But their stuff is expensive, only buy when on sale.

UA should have dropped them if it's the video I saw. Dude jumps out of a tree and Spears a bear. Stupid.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Spurs

I still use their shirt and pants that were obsession for late season.  By far the most comfortable late season attire I've ever owned.  You can still find it on Amazon and Ebay fairly easy.  I bought another shirt/pants last year just in case this set I currently have wears out.
This year is going to suck!!!

LaLongbeard

I never cared one way or the other about UA. But on one of my deployments they, UA, donated  crates and I mean crate loads of UA heat gear to the Army for free. The stuff works and I still use it and will  buy more when I need it. How many here would be willing to lose a large part of there income to side with some fat slob that made a distasteful hunting video? I would not. Not everyone that hunts, I'll even go so far as too say most of the people that hunt are not doing the hunting community a favor with the way they act in public or on the internet.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

NC pine chicken

Quote from: Crghss on January 15, 2020, 09:50:03 PM
I saw some UA on mossy oak store the other day. I have some gloves by them they're great. But their stuff is expensive, only buy when on sale.

UA should have dropped them if it's the video I saw. Dude jumps out of a tree and Spears a bear. Stupid.

Josh Bowmar is the hunter. He didn't jump from a tree. He speared the bear on the ground. He was very excited and animated after that kill. As anyone would be. Snowflake whining ensued and his wife was dropped from her UA sponsorship. It pretty well ended their foray into camo manufacture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

Quote from: NC pine chicken on January 17, 2020, 01:37:37 AM
Quote from: Crghss on January 15, 2020, 09:50:03 PM

Josh Bowmar is the hunter. He didn't jump from a tree. He speared the bear on the ground. He was very excited and animated after that kill. As anyone would be. Snowflake whining ensued and his wife was dropped from her UA sponsorship. It pretty well ended their foray into camo manufacture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with what he did, it was a legal kill. The guy is over the top and annoying, but he can shoot a bow and apparently throw a spear.

He is like the high intensity version of Tim Wells, who is probably the best bow shot around.