turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which mossy oak camo material

Started by Fl strutter, January 08, 2020, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

Bout to pull the trigger on some camo and not sure to get the tibee technical or the cotton mill. Want something not too heavy for down here in north Florida but still enough for cool mornings. Also which lasts and doesnt fade as bad? Thanks yall

Dtrkyman

Not sure about material but just don't dry any after a wash and it won't fade much.

I have some ancient mossy oak cotton and most is barely faded!  I do not wash it much either!

Sir-diealot

I bought the Mossy Oak Men's Long Sleeve Tech Hunt Tee and the short sleeve as well and find them both very comfortable, lightweight and they did seem to wick moisture very well. They are a little stretchy (But not grippy) and they also have a lot of extra tail in the back so you can tuck them in without worrying about yanking your head back when you sit.

I also bought the Mossy Oak Tibbee Technical Hunt Shirt and that seemed to be heavier to me than I thought it would be and I did sweat in it a bit.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

turkeykiller22

The new technical tibbee is 100% polyester. It is very lightweight and comfortable but I get hot in it very easily. I does not fade very easy even after putting in the dryer. The cotton mill is heavier than the technical tibbee but is not heavy as compared to other fabrics. I do not get nearly as hot in the cotton mill. It is super comfortable and more durable than the tibbee. It does fade if you put it in the dryer though. If you want my recommendation I would tell you to get the cotton mill but that is my preference. Also I will note that I am located in northern Alabama.
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

aclawrence

Does anyone know if the new ones have the same cut as last year. I tried some last year and strongly disliked the fit of the pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honolua

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on January 10, 2020, 11:18:26 AM
The new technical tibbee is 100% polyester. It is very lightweight and comfortable but I get hot in it very easily. I does not fade very easy even after putting in the dryer. The cotton mill is heavier than the technical tibbee but is not heavy as compared to other fabrics. I do not get nearly as hot in the cotton mill. It is super comfortable and more durable than the tibbee. It does fade if you put it in the dryer though. If you want my recommendation I would tell you to get the cotton mill but that is my preference. Also I will note that I am located in northern Alabama.
This! But I like the Polyester stuff better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jrkimbrough

In my experience the tibbee has a bit "rougher" texture than the cotton mill.  I like my tibbee shirts but that rough texture on my pants I don't really like.

P.S.  Be very careful with sizing!  Mossy Oak seems to change their sizing from year to year.

ShootingABN!

I use the cotton if it's cooler temps. I like the ripstop material. If you are ordering from Mossy Oak store. I recommend ordering one size bigger. I ordered some several years ago, should've ordered bigger seems they run a little small.

Ordered some for my Son, and had to return the pants because they were tight. The return was no problem other than being out of shipping to them...

Good luck. 

turkeykiller22

I should clarify that the technical tibee is different than the ripstop tibee I and tibbee II. They no longer produce the tibee I and II only the new technical tibbee which is the polyester material.

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Fl strutter

Think im gonna try the cotton mill over the tibee. Theyre also much cheaper.

The Southpaw

I really like the cotton mill stuff. I've got quite a bit of it.