OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceola help, please.............

Started by Yoder409, January 06, 2020, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

So, I'm pretty sure I just got carte' blanche on 2000 private acres in Alachua county, Florida. 

I'm not able to go this spring, due to scheduling technicalities.  So 2021 will be my year.  I'll have to schedule my off time well in advance of next spring.  When would be the best time to be there ??  Early season ??  Middle ??  Late ??   A rough date range would be great.....

I may schedule 2 weeks for this.............so I could hunt through a longer window.  Or (hopefully) be done quickly and go to Georgia or Alabama, etc and get some bonus time in.

Thanks in advance for any and all help !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ssramage

I'll be glad to hunt it in 2020 for you and give you some feedback.   :TooFunny:

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: ssramage on January 07, 2020, 08:25:15 AM
I'll be glad to hunt it in 2020 for you and give you some feedback.   :TooFunny:
I am sure he could find a bunch of people to each hunt a different time and the report back best date.. Other's ways I have always gone the opener. But no way do I know if that is best.

davisd9

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on January 07, 2020, 08:39:30 AM
Quote from: ssramage on January 07, 2020, 08:25:15 AM
I am sure he could find a bunch of people to each hunt a different time and the report back best date.. Other's ways I have always gone the opener. But no way do I know if that is best.

Good idea, let a few guys go different times through out the year.  I will take one for the team and go the first week.

If I were you I would try to go as early in the year as I could.  Florida is not a place where the weather changes much to impact things. I would concern myself with pressure over anything else.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Muzzy61

I hunt Alachua country. Normally the first two weeks of the season are the best.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Crghss

I hunt near West palm peach, early seems too be better.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Yoder409

Quote from: Muzzy61 on January 07, 2020, 09:49:51 AM
I hunt Alachua country. Normally the first two weeks of the season are the best.

Thank you !! 

About the best Intel a guy could get.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

randy6471

I hunt just a little south of that area and early season always seems better.

cracker4112

squidd

Opener and especially for more vocals!

paboxcall

I don't know Yoder, I think you ought to take another PA guy along with you on this trip to get a fair and balanced objective opinion on which dates are best.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Yoder409

I just may..........

Only, if I do.............it'll most likely be someone a good bit taller and fatter than you.  Sorry, John Boy.
PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

:TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny:

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 08, 2020, 09:14:46 PM
I just may..........

Only, if I do.............it'll most likely be someone a good bit taller and fatter than you.  Sorry, John Boy.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Yoder409

I was gonna add "uglier"...........but THAT'S a toss-up.

PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall