turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vest alternative

Started by trad bow, January 05, 2020, 05:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trad bow

What options are out there to replace wearing a vest?

KentuckyHeadhunter

A regular coat or vest with pockets for calls and a turkey lounger!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

bobk

Glenda Green's satchel is a fine vest alternative.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green satchel... best purchase you could ever make to replace vest ... you can see her satchels and other turkey related products on her Facebook...

Sir-diealot

Used a hunters fanny/hip pack for years.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tal

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 05, 2020, 06:00:45 PM
Glenda Green satchel... best purchase you could ever make to replace vest ... you can see her satchels and other turkey related products on her Facebook...
I just ordered a satchel from her. Well made and worth the money.

Gooserbat

fanny pack, add cushion and box call hostler maybe a slate pouch if you like. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Chordeiles

wvmntnhick

Never cared for the "fanny pack." Never felt right to me. Jacket with pockets is good. Love my Ol' Tom vestless shirt. It's my favorite piece of turkey attire. Eliminates the bulk on days you're running and gunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Switched from a vest to the Avian-X turkey sling pack.  Never going back!

Dtrkyman

Love grabbing the gun and a mouth call, it's like being reborn after lugging that stupid vest around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trad bow

Going to Unicoi and will see if Ms Glenda is there and check out her sling packs. Thanks for everyone help.
Jeff

davisd9

Quote from: trad bow on January 08, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
Going to Unicoi and will see if Ms Glenda is there and check out her sling packs. Thanks for everyone help.
Jeff

She will be out in the hall area where the merchants selling things other than calls are.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Quote from: davisd9 on January 08, 2020, 09:23:36 AM
Quote from: trad bow on January 08, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
Jeff

She will be out in the hall area where the merchants selling things other than calls are.
Glenda Green and her husband are 2 of the finest people you will ever meet .....and her satchel's are first class .....

Hobbes

I just don't pack a vest to the brink of exploding.  I suppose in southern states a vest may be hot.  I don't have that problem very often.  The satchel that's mentioned looks like a good product and I'd store calls in it, but I don't see me ever lugging that around slung acrossmy shoulders.  However, my situation and need to cover ground probably doesn't apply to some folks.