OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Comfortable light-weight hunting clothes.

Started by deerbasshunter3, January 05, 2020, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I am looking for some comfortable light-weight camo turkey hunting clothing, specifically in MO Obsession. I rarely carry more than my shotgun and a couple of mouth calls. At most, I will have that and an owl locator call and a slate call. I just ordered a sling that holds mouth calls, and I would/could put a slate and locator in my pants cargo pockets, so the shirt really does not have to have pockets.

Without going into any more of a rant, can somebody suggest some comfortable light-weight clothing, in MO Obsession, that would be good for turkey hunting in the Low Country of SC?

Also, I am not looking to spend much more than $100 total. Thank you.

Greg Massey

Academy Sport's has some nice stuff and it's different weight's and on sale now .... i pickup some nice bottomland stuff yesterday on sale at the store ....

deerbasshunter3

Are the button down shirts comfortable to hunt in, or just feel like you are dressed up and running around the woods?

PALongspur

I really like the Stalker Lite and Tec Lite lines from BPS. I believe they still have both of these available but unfortunately like everything else from the BPS/Cabela's machine, only in Tru Timber Camo.

I believe if I was in the market for new stuff I would look into the DRT line from the Gamekeepers clothing.

Sixes

Ol Tom flyweight shirt. I love the design with the big chest pockets, mouth call holder pockets, and weight of the shirt.

For pants, can't really help you since they don't make Trek Lite anymore. Best pants/shorts ever made, I bought a bunch when they were cleared out and have wore them for years for turkey/deer and summertime shorts.

Chordeiles

I use the Ol Tom Vestless Mesh back shirts. You can find them pretty cheap on eBay at times.

rakkin6

You guys might laugh but when it is warm enough I wear a set of OD green scrubs under a leafy suit. Most comfortable hunting there is lol.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sixes

Laugh??  When it hits May in Georgia, I've worn just a pair of  shorts under a ASAT leafy suit many times.