OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's Starting -- I just don't feel it yet

Started by shaman, January 03, 2020, 07:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Still after deer, here, with the flintlock.

Killed a nice meaty doe last Saturday while listening to hens pitching out of the tree down the ridge to my left and jakes gobbling off the limb up the ridge to my right...........

Still WAAAAAAAAAAY too early to get all wound up about spring season yet.  There's a LOT of cold, crappy weather between now and then.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

EZ

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 03, 2020, 08:57:48 PM
About a week ago I had a turkey dream.   

Whew!!!! Thank God I'm not the only one!!!

Hobbes

I'm thinking about it, looking forward to it, but I'm not wound up about it.  I'm always thinking about, but I'm always thinking about elk and pheasants too.  I've got too much winter between now and April to get too jacked about it.

Jimmyj

I have to admit, even when I'm deer hunting I'm thinking of the gobble.

deerbasshunter3

I was starting to get excited about it about a week before the end of deer season here in SC (Jan. 1st was the last day). I am slowly purchasing "turkey hunting stuff" now, so I can be more organized come opening day (March 20th). I love deer hunting, but there is something about hearing those birds gobbling first thing in the morning!