turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal TSS #9's

Started by Cutt, December 30, 2019, 11:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

I'm new to the TSS loads and just picked up several boxes of 9"s to pattern and use this Spring.

Noticed this   https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/ptssx258f9

Just thought it was odd to be listed as discontinued, rather than out of stock? They have 7's but say 9's are discontinued?

I think the are too new to be discontinued, and probably sell better than 7's where it makes me wonder why they don't have 9's?

Just hate to buy into something that gets discontinued?

2eagles

Because 9's aren't legal in Iowa. Just kidding, not the real reason, but 9's aren't legal in several states. We just had a new Mills Fleet Farm open near me and the only tss they have in stock is illegal here. I have a hard time believing the warden will be checking the regs that close, but I'm not going to chance it.

Gooserbat

9s are all you need.  If it's not legal then wright or email the wildlife department in your state.  Present them with the facts about tss and get the regs changed. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Fullfan

Cutt   the TSS is not going anywhere.  Any you are going to love the results both on paper and in the woods. I hunted with the 12ga and TSS about 6 years ago. Then jumped on the 20ga train. I can pass along some good choke and gun combos if ya need.
Don't gobble at me...

ssramage

I still prefer the old Fed HW #7s (non-TSS variety), but the 9s shoot well in my gun also.

Cutt

Thanks for all the replies,  I can understand 9's are illegal in some States. But can see why a dealer would list a good selling load as discontinued? I would think you could legally buy them anywhere, although just can't use in certain States, but could be wrong?

Cutt

Quote from: Fullfan on December 31, 2019, 08:01:29 AM
I can pass along some good choke and gun combos if ya need.

Just picked up a sa-459, and have been reading many opinions on loads and choke for this gun. I know many recommended 9's with a Sumtoy .562,  also some I.C .555 and some Carlson's .575. Thanks

Mossberg90MN

I also bought some federal TSS but I haven't tried it yet. I bought a few boxes from Apex which I'm pretty excited to try out. #9s from Apex. I believe my federal TSS might be #9s as well. Maybe try a different supplier?

Cutt

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on December 31, 2019, 10:28:07 PM
Maybe try a different supplier?

I think you miss read my post? I already purchased them elsewhere, but came across a dealer while browsing, that had Federal TSS #9's listed as "discontinued no longer available". Just didn't understand why a dealer would list them as discontinued? They way it's posted would make one believe they are no longer available from the manufacture?

Fullfan

Just picked up a sa-459, and have been reading many opinions on loads and choke for this gun. I know many recommended 9's with a Sumtoy .562,  also some I.C .555 and some Carlson's .575. Thanks
[/quote]

You are going to love that lil gun. I have a Sumtoy 562 in mine, and it does amazing with hand loaded #9's
Don't gobble at me...

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Cutt on December 31, 2019, 10:51:19 PM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on December 31, 2019, 10:28:07 PM
Maybe try a different supplier?

I think you miss read my post? I already purchased them elsewhere, but came across a dealer while browsing, that had Federal TSS #9's listed as "discontinued no longer available". Just didn't understand why a dealer would list them as discontinued? They way it's posted would make one believe they are no longer available from the manufacture?

Ahhh okay, yup! Missed that!