OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Results from 3 day predator hunting tournament

Started by Sanatorium, December 30, 2019, 07:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlam51

Trust me, I would of bought a thermal monocular for scanning if I would of had an extra grand in my pocket, but unicoi is coming and I need a big wad of cash for that. I do hear some people talking about ATN but most of the videos I see on the ohio coyote hunting Facebook pages show people killing them with ATN stuff. Why is it that some guys dont like ATN?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sanatorium

Mine has failed me several times, I'm not the only one. Right now it works ok...there is a firmware update ready to load and I'm afraid it will mess up my settings as it did in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sanatorium

This is my bolt gun set up. I never bothered to use it that came with it and just converted my ns550 to an ir light.

WV Ridge Reaper

Atn is glitchy think of it as Samsung phone

Pulsar not glitchy think of it as iPhone

I've noticed atn has delay on the screen when temps drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on December 31, 2019, 07:46:13 AM
This is my bolt gun set up. I never bothered to use it that came with it and just converted my ns550 to an ir light.

What exactly is IR? I have been looking at this for next year and it comes with the choice of 2 different IR modes but I do not know what that is. https://www.sniperhawglights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=50RLXGHP1%2D4&CartID=1
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sanatorium

Best description I can find...
The sniper hog lights are good I'm told..I'll stick with my nightsnipe as I know paul personally and live just a few miles from him.
The light that typically comes with most night vision scopes is not that great.

Sanatorium

I believe the ir modes are high and medium
With a 4k scope you can adjust the light sensitiveness to get best out of what you have. With the model I have it has a slide for adjustment instead of just two modes

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on December 31, 2019, 11:22:38 AM
I believe the ir modes are high and medium
With a 4k scope you can adjust the light sensitiveness to get best out of what you have. With the model I have it has a slide for adjustment instead of just two modes

Well I am pretty behind the times I guess, I have never even heard of a 4k scope. Thanks for the explanation.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sanatorium

The 4k is what's on my bolt gun.
Little more pricey than x sight or a wraith .
I would research more before you buy.
That wraith scope I hear is decent for the price.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on December 31, 2019, 11:27:47 AM
The 4k is what's on my bolt gun.
Little more pricey than x sight or a wraith .
I would research more before you buy.
That wraith scope I hear is decent for the price.

To be honest I just wanted a light to got on a .243 Winchester or a .222 Winchester. I don't want to have to buy new scopes and everything.

John Koenig:

Sanatorium

Basic nightsnipe ns550 will work.
You dont need an ir if your going to use regular scope. Set comes with clear,  red and green elements,  gun mount batteries and charging unit...a really good set up

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on December 31, 2019, 11:31:39 AM
Basic nightsnipe ns550 will work.
You dont need an ir if your going to use regular scope. Set comes with clear,  red and green elements,  gun mount batteries and charging unit...a really good set up

Granted I would like a new scope for the .243 but I think it is way more money than I can afford for thermal or an IR setup and I do not go out enough to justify that expense either. Thank you for steering me clear of something I could not use. I want to get from the company I shared because they also donated for a giveaway raffle for a young boy that has cancer in a group I belong to on Facebook, they donated the one I shared with everything included.

John Koenig:

BigSlam51

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on December 31, 2019, 08:16:04 AM
Atn is glitchy think of it as Samsung phone

Pulsar not glitchy think of it as iPhone

I've noticed atn has delay on the screen when temps drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never had a problem with my Samsung and I hate iPhones . We're just getting into it, but I can see us going with higher end stuff in the future.

BigSlam51

I'm converting my wicked W403iC into a IR illuminator, the bulb i ordered is a 940nm which from what i understand is almost invisible to predators but does not put out as much light as the 850. I'd rather be more undetected so I'll sacrifice visibility.

kyturkeyhunter4