OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Russell turkey hunting boots

Started by Quackwacker NC, December 27, 2019, 04:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackwacker NC

Are they worth the money and would you get them with the turtle skin or not. There on sale so I was thinking about a pair of quality boots. Any input is greatly appreciated.

wchadw

I got a pair last year. I like mine. I had problems my feet hurting with rubber snake boots. If they last they will definitely be worth it. They were not cheap but they are a lot more comfortable and they are well made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

Over 20 years out of my first pair. New pair of Turtleskins were made in 2005. Still going strong. Taking them to TX for a Whitetail hunt next month. Two or three times a year, I brush them off and apply Obenauf's LP and they are good to go.

If there was a better boot available, I would own those. For my needs , Russell's cannot be topped.
Royal Slam 2008

neal

I've got 6 years on my turtle skin snake boots. Had a little issue with them and sent them in after season they fixed them no charge. Excellent boots and customer service!!
Only regret is I didn't get them 20 years sooner

Neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

bobk

Based upon my experience. Russell boots are worth the money. 

Spurs

Got my first pair last year.  If I had it to do over, I'd get the full zip side.  Super hard to get off. 

As far as comfort, they definitely need to be broken in before you take them out.  I messed up there and wore the on opening morning...Dang near couldn't walk the next day due to blisters.
This year is going to suck!!!

wchadw

I would recommend calling them before you order and talk to them about options etc. I got waterproof size zips and extra inserts and air "bob" soles. I tuck pants in so I haven't had any problems with blisters. Mine are a super comfortable compared to all other hunting boots I have worn over the years.

Will_price

I got the Hart's, side zip, and love them. Only problem is the zipper part let's in water when crossing a creek. Wish I would have asked them if they were fully waterproof. Other than that they're great.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

WW

I ordered a pair while on sale. Ready to try them out on the hills in the Pacific Northwest next spring.

moonshine

Don't have the turkey-specific boots, but I've got 2 pair currently (Art Carter Chukka and High Country Hunter Extreme) and have had another pair as well (Imperial) and I can attest that they're good stuff!  Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Russell Moccasins to anyone wanting a well made, quality product!
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks

J Lacey

Call them before you order.  Don't make the mistake I made just ordering from the website. These people are boot makers not turkey hunters.  Make certain they build the boot you need and you'll be happy. There are options that were not listed or that were u clear on the website. I've never been more disappointed Than I was when they arrived. Great looking boot. Every stitch in place.  Couldn't walk a mile in em. Slick bottoms, zero insoles or cushion. Sent them back and they rebuilt the boots at no charge adding cushion insoles and rugged soles. I think I'll be happy with them this spring. Great company
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

wchadw

Quote from: J Lacey on January 19, 2020, 12:57:53 AM
Call them before you order.  Don't make the mistake I made just ordering from the website. These people are boot makers not turkey hunters.  Make certain they build the boot you need and you'll be happy. There are options that were not listed or that were u clear on the website. I've never been more disappointed Than I was when they arrived. Great looking boot. Every stitch in place.  Couldn't walk a mile in em. Slick bottoms, zero insoles or cushion. Sent them back and they rebuilt the boots at no charge adding cushion insoles and rugged soles. I think I'll be happy with them this spring. Great company
Yes. Call them. I got 2x poron insoles and air bob soles. Waterproof zips. I'm glad I called. I told them what conditions I hunt and about my foot problems etc.

With the air soles and the extra poron inserts mine are very comfortable to wear