OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

She only had to get up one morning!!!! pics

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 07, 2011, 10:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Well we set up where my buddy has been seeing a tom and we never heard a gobble.  At 8 we went for a drive and found a flock of 2 toms, 2 jakes, and 3 hens in a field.  I asked if she wanted to go after them, and he said sure.  Well we got set up 120 yards from where I marked them with a big pine tree and started calling.  A hen talked back a bit but not much.  After 20 min my wife said I am going to get closer.  She got up and found a trail to the field and started walking.  She sat down and I called.  I did not see it but a tom came around the corner in the field but would not come in the woods.  He turned and went back tot he flock.  At that point she got up and went after the them.  She got in a small ditch and when she popped up there was a tom strutting 30 yards away.  He put his head up and she shot.  Birds went every direction and I thought it was over and so did she until she stood up and saw the tom stone dead.  She got confused when the rest of the flock took off and did not know if she got hers.  Well it is her first long beard.  21.8 lbs, 9.5" beard, and .5" spurs.  He is a two year old but his head is huge.  She was pumped up and shaking like crazy.  The cool part was that she used my dad's 20ga and killed the first bird with it.

WiLL B

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Hognutz

Congrats. That is an awesome story. Well done..You go, girl..Mike  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

a-j calls

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

neal

Great job, after your text I was excited to hear the story! Tell the wife congrats!!!! 
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WyoHunter

Congrats to the lady hunter! She knew what to do when the time came to pull the trigger. Nice gobbler and pics!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

JVA54

njdevilsb

barry

Good for her!!!

That turkey's noggin must weigh a pound  :o

TRKYHTR

Sounds like she knows how to turkey hunt. Congrats to her.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sugarray

Congrats!  That head is swollen up for sure.

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13