turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best boot water proofing spray

Started by TheBigSnood, December 13, 2019, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigSnood

For those of you that don't wear rubber boots in the spring, what are your favorite methods for conditioning your boots to keep them water proof!

I own the Irish setter vaprtrak snake boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

stinkpickle

I cake on the sno-seal, and then I spray on silicon water-guard.  It works for a while.

Gobbler428

On all my leather boots I use Sno-Seal,great leather conditioner and waterproofing.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gobbler428 on December 13, 2019, 10:42:42 AM
On all my leather boots I use Sno-Seal,great leather conditioner and waterproofing.
[/quote  X2

Sir-diealot

Still using good old fashioned Mink Oil the way my daddy did, never had a leak yet. Buying quality boots really makes a difference too.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wchadw

I clean mine up real good with saddle soap and let them dry for a day or 2. Then I glob on sno seal. Especially on the stitching and leave in my hot car in summer and let it "melt" into the leather. Take them out and buff. Usually lasts a year and I do it again

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

nativeks

bbcoach

Quote from: wchadw on December 13, 2019, 01:11:18 PM
I clean mine up real good with saddle soap and let them dry for a day or 2. Then I glob on sno seal. Especially on the stitching and leave in my hot car in summer and let it "melt" into the leather. Take them out and buff. Usually lasts a year and I do it again

Same here but I use a hand held hair dryer to melt the snow seal.

Chris O

I figured the boots that you bought would have been waterproof from start. I have had good luck with gortex boots keeping my feet dry. I figured the Irish setters would be in that category also. I have never used sno seal but that's the one I see the most at the stores around here.Hope you find something that works for you

IdahoMountainGobble

Obenauf's. Developed by an Idaho wildland  firefighter. It's beeswax/propolis base; no petroleum. If you use those same turkey hunting boots for deer/elk hunting stay away from petroleum based boot conditioners. Elk and deer will scent you every time.

TheBigSnood

Quote from: Chris O on December 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM
I figured the boots that you bought would have been waterproof from start. I have had good luck with gortex boots keeping my feet dry. I figured the Irish setters would be in that category also. I have never used sno seal but that's the one I see the most at the stores around here.Hope you find something that works for you

I would consider them resistant, not waterproof. Just looking for something yearly to treat with to enhance waterproofing properties.

Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

fl panhandler

I've had good results with O'Benauf's also.
Rick

bobk

wchadw

Quote from: IdahoMountainGobble on December 19, 2019, 12:39:28 PM
Obenauf's. Developed by an Idaho wildland  firefighter. It's beeswax/propolis base; no petroleum. If you use those same turkey hunting boots for deer/elk hunting stay away from petroleum based boot conditioners. Elk and deer will scent you every time.
You know if sno seal has petroleum? Says bees wax but doesn't specify ingredients