turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gloves/Facemask - Your go to

Started by turkeykiller22, December 10, 2019, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

310 gauge

I use the loose fit baggy facemask that Nomad has now. I find it is cooler and it comes in Bottomland and Obsession. For gloves I use Primos brand skin tight nylon liner type. I use the same setup when I waterfowl and deer hunt.  Usually slip a fleece style glove or waterproof one over the liner glove when it gets really cold though, and slip off the right one when I get ready to do business.

buzzardroost

Ol Tom half masks are all I've found so far that I like. I actually haven't found gloves that I like yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 10, 2019, 09:54:02 PM
the SA face mask that is advertised on here 5 for 20 bucks, I like them, any glove will work
This

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

DecoyPro makes a roomy full face that I like. As for gloves, a pair of camo Field and Stream with the thumb tips and first two finger tips cut out on both gloves. Helps when using pots and strikers.

mtns2hunt

I have never found a face mask that I liked unless I tried out several. I use a ball cap with mesh as a face mask from Basspro for turkey. Gloves I use those old brown glove from the hardware store that come to a dozen a pack. Cut out the trigger finger. In cold weather I wear those fold away mittens. Cheap, convenient and easy to find. As for a cold weather face mask I use a close fitting camo mask and in really cold weather I have another mask with a built in hat to go over the first mask. Good luck plenty of suggestions on here but its trial and error.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

misfire

I have a Nomad mask and UA gloves that I cut the fingertips out of
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Turkeyman

I prefer the camoed netting type of gloves...don't really care what manufacturer. As far as face mask I prefer the Quaker Boy Bandito 3/4 style, which I take credit for. Many years ago they came out with the full headnet...Bandit I believe...which had the wire frame around the eyes. But, you had to take your hat off, don it then put your hat back on again. NG in my estimation. So I cut the top off, had my wife sew the headnet to the existing elastic thus I could wear it down around my neck and pull it up when desired. Worked great. The GM of Quaker Boy was a good friend and I showed him my alteration. Voila...the next year they came out with the Bandito which I use to this day.

Gooserbat

I wear the old Tom gloves and last year in Nashville I bought like 6 or 7 of the mossyoak mesh half mask.  I like something loose and I don't like a 3/4 or full mask.  It's all a personal preference.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Jeremy

As others have mentioned, face masks and gloves are to a great extent a personal preference. I have found what I like the best is a loos mesh face mask. For the last few seasons, I've been using a Nomad face mask, and I like it. The only thing that I wish was different about it is what is wrong with most cam these days...it's white on the reverse side. That's not a deal breaker for me, though. I can cinch it tight enough that when I pull it up over the back of my head/hat, it is snug enough to stay right where I want it without cutting into my face or riding up into my eyes, but also doesn't fall down.

As for gloves, I also prefer for the majority of the season when it isn't too cold, to have a lightweight, tight to the hand glove with thumb and shooting fingers cut off at about the second knuckle. I also want them to be somewhat long...I have really long arms (ideal size would be Medium, extra tall...they don't make that), and have a hard time finding shirts that fit both my arm length, and don't turn into some kind of moo moo. Gloves with a little extra length under my sleeves helps keep my arms covered. I have tried several different ones, and had a pair of Manzella gloves that I had cut the fingers out of for a few seasons, but they kept coming undone at the seams after cutting the finger and thumb out. This past season, I got some of the Nomad gloves that are made without the finger and thumb and are sewn up really well at those points...they have held up well, and so far they have been my favorites. The only issue with Nomad stuff is how proud they are of it...

Gobble!

Nomad facemask and some gloves I found on sale at Mack's I think.

rakkin6

I usually run a whole leafy suit top and bottom, face mask and gloves. I have two sets one in mossy oak break-up for early season (season starts second Saturday in March here so not much green yet) second in Obsession. face mask is attached to the hat.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Honolua

I like the nomad fingerless gloves. They are expensive though so I usually get the $8.00 lightweight gloves at Wally World and cut the fingers off myself.

The ScentLok facemasks fit AMAZING. They have a a great cut and are the best I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chris O

I buy a 5 or 10 pack of brown jersey gloves. I don't love them but they work and I don't care if I lose them or throw them away. I use a variety of masks and don't love any of those either. HS Strut 3/4 mask with nose and mouth opening is about the best.If I don't have to go anywhere I prefer carbon mask paint on my face and hands if it's not too cold

Hobbes

I wear a 3/4 mesh facemask.  It's around my neck and easy to pull up when needed. I've used HS and QB masks.  I'm currently using QB because I order a 2 or 3 of them on sale a few years ago and 6 showed up (I paid for 2 or 3).

Gloves are often in the cheap cotton camo by HS or Primos with the little dots if rubber inside the palm and fingers.  They usually only last a year maybe two but stretch out quickly.  I'll use brown jersey gloves also.  They stretch out too then shrink like crazy if they ever hit the drier.  I go cheap because I lose them often.  Nothing worse than wearing two left gloves.

Jester87

Will try these Knight & Hale gloves this season. Want something thin so I can easily feel/grasp calls and like the fingertips exposed esp when working a striker.   

Use a Cableas leafy facemask because it fits around my glasses nicely without fogging and can still mouth call with it on. Don't care for skin tight balaclava stuff. A con would be its a little time consuming to take out and put on, esp if a bird is inbound. I also wear a light neck gaiter that I can pull up over my face for those quick encounters.