turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

**Off Topic**First album you ever bought

Started by Big Guy, December 09, 2019, 10:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Guy

So as an off topic question, I know there is a wide range of ages around here.  What was the first album you remember buying?  Not your favorite album, but your first.  Be honest.  The first I remember buying with my own money was
Boyz II Men-cooleyhighharmony

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sixes

KISS Alive II

KISS was also the first concert that I ever went to (birthday present in 1977), looking back, I assume my Mom and Aunt were a lot cooler that I ever imagined. I'm sure I was one of the few 7.5 year olds at a KISS concert

Ctrize

Album BTO Bachman Turner Overdrive
8 track Janis Joplin Greatest Hits

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sixes on December 09, 2019, 12:02:41 PM
KISS Alive II

KISS was also the first concert that I ever went to (birthday present in 1977), looking back, I assume my Mom and Aunt were a lot cooler that I ever imagined. I'm sure I was one of the few 7.5 year olds at a KISS concert
Believe it or not it was also mine. I am trying to score tickets to see them here locally, right now I do not have the money though. I have wanted to see them since I was 7 or 8 but never have been able to.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeytider

Well, so far I`m the oldest. Sam Cooke album. If you want to hear a great voice, just look him up.

bobk

Never had the cash to buy albums or 45's.
Listened to AM radio. Most radio stations were only on the air from dawn to dusk.

Greg Massey

Jethro Tull , Thick as a Brick album 1 - 2 ... i also saw him in concert and it was the best concert ever of all the concerts i attended ....

SinGin

Def Leppard Hysteria. Not an album but a cassette tape. Said they sold millions of copies and I think I bought atleast 1/3 of them

Happy

I dont really remember. Think it was the Eagles greatest hits but could be wrong. And no I am not that old but it was a cassette tape and that was early 90's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Loyalist84

I came of music-buying age right as iPods came into vogue and CDs were on the way out, but I think I picked up an Alan Jackson CD when I was 9 or 10 - pretty sure it was 'Drive' - as my first solo music purchase before the iTunes cards and Limewire took over.

Beards and Hooks

First one I can think of, that was bought for me was Quiet Riot. The first I actually purchased is a good question and I don't recall.

Yoder409

Not sure which was first.........but I know it was by The Who.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Will

Rapscallion Vermilion

Steppenwolf (their first album, 1968, with Born to Be Wild)