Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Season is still open in TN but the Carp are SPAWNING...

Started by spitndrum, May 05, 2011, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

Put the boat in the water at 11 today, shot a few right off the bat but it was slow as cause a cold spell came through last night. But at 130pm they turned it up and we was able to find a few good ones before we had to load the boat I finally come home with big fish of the day today just by a few inches both fish I am holding are practically identical mine is in myl left hand it it was bigger than Charlies in my right hand. Killed 17 Buffalos, 1 gar, and 1 common.

drenalinld

Bonjour

That looks fun. I will be getting out soon, since my season is over. Hopefully I will get the wife a bird this weekend and then I'm going to be hammering the carp. Water temps are still too cold here for any sort of a spawn though. Thanks for the pics.  :you_rock:

Last Strut Calls

Wow those are some pigs. MN Season just opened so Im going out tomorrow night!

bowhunter84

spitndrum

Quote from: Bonjour on May 05, 2011, 11:31:06 PM
That looks fun. I will be getting out soon, since my season is over. Hopefully I will get the wife a bird this weekend and then I'm going to be hammering the carp. Water temps are still too cold here for any sort of a spawn though. Thanks for the pics.  :you_rock:

Water temps in TN on Watts Bar is about 70

tra_cline

Fished Watts Bar 2 yrs ago for Cats, had a ball. Man looks like ya putting some pounds in the boat, do you enter any of the tournaments in around there?

cannonball

harvester

ILIKEHEVI-13

fallhnt

Turkey season is about done and bowfishing season is on the way!
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

barry

Not trying to be nosey but what do you do with the fish?
Heard they make great fertilizer for a garden.

spitndrum

Quote from: tra_cline on May 06, 2011, 05:32:46 PM
Fished Watts Bar 2 yrs ago for Cats, had a ball. Man looks like ya putting some pounds in the boat, do you enter any of the tournaments in around there?

Sure don't I wish we could but we are daytime shooters right now, don't have lights yet

spitndrum

Quote from: barry on May 08, 2011, 03:58:18 PM
Not trying to be nosey but what do you do with the fish?
Heard they make great fertilizer for a garden.

They do make good fertilizer, they also make good turtle food  :happy0064:

turkey slayer