OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The last hunt.......UPDATED

Started by BowBendr, May 05, 2011, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

I have had the worst season i've experienced in a long, long time.......

I've been staying as close to my pregnant wifes' side as possible and we're about a week from finalizing the adoption of our 4 yr old son Brandon, but I have got to hunt hard for about 15 days. No dice.

I can manage to hunt until about 12 o'clock Saturday morning. With the help of a buddy, we did find 2 gobbling toms on Wednesday morning but couldn't close the deal. We did pinpoint them real good and we're going to try and roost them tomorrow night and get 'em 1st thing on Saturday. I will not quit until I absolutely have to.

Winners never quit and quitters never win......................

Duke0002

I had a season like that last spring.  My mom was very sick and I couldn't get out much.  I did manage to get one bird, however.  Best wishes, bro.

DMP

BowBendr

Well, I can't say I didn't have my chance. I got set up where we heard the birds from the other day, and daylight brought zero gobbles from the roost. I decided to stay put over some fresh sign and ride it out since there wasn't anything else going on.

About 1 hour after flydown, I heard a bird "trying" to gobble and in about 5 minutes a really small jake came to the decoys to investigate.

He had maybe a 2" beard and probably weighed 13-14 lbs.
With our 4 years of terrible hatches, I decided to pass and leave him for next year hopefully.
Couldn't justify taking him outta' the gene pool for 24-25 points.

Sorry guys, it just didn't happen for me this year, forgive me for not putting points on the board for the team......

derek

Sounds like a fun hunt and good deal on saving him for next year  :you_rock:
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com