turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Member pass away ..

Started by Greg Massey, September 26, 2019, 07:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordhunt

Rest in peace hunter 22 . praying for the family .we where friends on FB .and I could tell he had a loving heart and a loving family .

strutnrut

Surely hate to hear about Rickey.  :jesus-cross:

KentuckyHeadhunter

So sorry to hear this news.  He will be missed greatly.  He had a passion that surpasses many of our own. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

grayfox

I always enjoyed reading his posts & viewing his calls. He will be missed by so many. Prayers go out to his family & friends.

Sir-diealot

I saw somebody else try to post this but it was a dead link for me so I thought I would share it as well, it is to the funeral home obituary and they have a area that you can sign the guest book and leave thoughts of Ricky and messages the family can read. https://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/services.asp?page=odetail&id=53195&locid=7
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Mtd69

sorry to hear that condolences to his family

sbbow

It was always nice talking with Rickey whether on the forum or by messenger. He will be missed by a lot of people. My condolences to his family .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccleroy

Obituary for Mr Rickey.

Rickey Joe Platt, 69, of Batesville died Thursday, September 26, 2019.

He was born on Tuesday, March 14, 1950 in Batesville to Everett Joe and Henrietta (Loyd) Platt.

Rickey was a very dependable person who was well respected and very strong willed. He loved his family and grandchildren very much. He loved watching and playing sports. He was recruited by Frank Broyles and signed with the Razorbacks in 1968. Rickey was also a very intelligent man who worked as a chemist at Eastman for thirty-five years. In his free time, he was an avid hunter of deer and turkey.

He is survived by his loving wife, Laraine (Wilson) Platt, whom he married on February 14, 1990; two sons, Kipp Platt (Amy) of Conway, Hunter Platt (Stephanie) of Batesville; one daughter, Ashley Kennemer (Brandon) of Rogers; his mother; and five grandchildren, Easton Platt, Caden Platt, Aubrey Platt, Lillian Kennemer, and Lincoln Kennemer.

Rickey is preceded in death by his father.

The family will hold a private service at a later date.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Judeâ€s Childrenâ€s Research at 501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105 or to Batesville High School c/o Athletics Dept. 1 Pioneer Dr. Batesville, AR 72501

Smooth_Operator

Rest In Peace, Mr. Rickey. Prayers out to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Tom007

Rest In Peace my friend. God bless you and your family....

goblr77

Prayers sent for the family.

Flounder

I sure will miss his photos and post here and on FB. He had an amazing call collection and from reading he was an amazing man.
RIP my fellow Turkey Man, praying the Lord will comfort his family now and for the future.

Spitten and drummen

I am proud to have called Rickey a friend. I will miss talking to him. I am glad that all of his pain and suffering is over. Cancer is a terrible disease that I would not wish on my worst enemy. God speed my friend.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

packmule

RIP Rickey.....
Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
This site will not be the same without him.