Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bird #2 down in Ontario!Quick and exciting!!

Started by perrysbirds, May 04, 2011, 05:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrysbirds

Well as the thread says it has been a quick fun year for me in the turkey woods.I got into my place this morning and got setup about 20 mins before daylight Im guessing.
Just as Im putting my decoy in the ground a couple of geese fly over and do some honking and sure enough in the trees about a 100 yards away I hear the sound I wanted to hear.I certainly thought to myself it was still kind of dark but I guess not...
Anyways I get my potcall out and I play him some soft sweet music and he returns with a thundering gobble.....I knew then that the game is on...
Im guessing this went on for about 10 or 15 mins as he continued gobbling on the roost...
Then all of a sudden I hear and see him flydown on the hill that was above me as I was downhill from him...
I then thought to myself can I get this bird to come down over the hill?
Well he continued to gobble while on the ground and as Im looking up to the top of the hill where I know he is I see him at the top all fanned out and heading my way and as I watched him come down the hill with the beautiful blue color on his head I could hear him spitting and drummin..
He came within 5 yards of my Bobblehead decoy at 6:05am once again the 870 roared one more time....
18 Pounds
9 1/2 inch Beard
Matching 1 inch spurs

If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

BOFF

WOOHOOOO!!!

Beautiful Bird!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Woodsman4God

anthonyjhallen

That is a good looking bird.  Make sure you post that thing in the kill thread so we can add the score.   :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions