turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

L.L. Bean Question

Started by Sir-diealot, June 21, 2019, 12:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I was just wondering if anybody knows if L.L. Bean is pro or anti hunting/gun? They are putting on 2 events not far from me but I don't want to participate if they are anti hunting/gun. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rapscallion Vermilion

I've been to their hunting and fishing store on their big campus in Maine many times. Lots of guns and gear, and great staff that are more than happy to help. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 21, 2019, 02:22:27 AM
I've been to their hunting and fishing store on their big campus in Maine many times. Lots of guns and gear, and great staff that are more than happy to help.
Thank you very much.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

They are a high dollar place ... even the Outlet stores are high ....

haystaddle

Very pro hunting. I've hunted and fished with several of their upper management. Very dedicated outdoorsmen.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 21, 2019, 07:39:48 AM
They are a high dollar place ... even the Outlet stores are high ....
They sure are, they make a union suit I want to pick up for hunting season to help keep warm and it costs one hundred bucks. Some boots I would like to try as well.

John Koenig:

tal

High prices but usually equal in quality. They're outdoor/hunting folks.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: haystaddle on June 21, 2019, 07:44:16 AM
Very pro hunting. I've hunted and fished with several of their upper management. Very dedicated outdoorsmen.
Good to know, thank you for the reply.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on June 21, 2019, 11:14:05 AM
High prices but usually equal in quality. They're outdoor/hunting folks.
Thanks for the info.

John Koenig:

nativeks

My favorite pair of boots is their moc toe upland hunting boots. I wear them till I go through the sole. My favorite duck waders are also their product. Worth the money to me.

bbcoach

Check out Shawn and Bill Gorman on the net.  Shawn is the CEO of LL Bean and Bill has his own TV show on the Outdoor Channel, LL Bean Guide to the Outdoors.  Family business, been around for years.

zelmo1

High quality for sure. I do miss the lifetime warranty on their name products. I bought a pair of waterproof moccasins ( slippers, but that sounds too old for me ) and wore them through and brought them back for new ones three times. But you can't mistake the quality. Very pro sportsman too. Great lobster rolls across the street from their main showroom

tal

Durn it. Now I want a lobster roll... LOL

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nativeks on June 22, 2019, 10:40:52 PM
My favorite pair of boots is their moc toe upland hunting boots. I wear them till I go through the sole. My favorite duck waders are also their product. Worth the money to me.
I have a good pair for winter but really do need a pair of insulated boots for turkey season. I will check them out for sure.

Quote from: bbcoach on June 23, 2019, 06:25:58 AM
Check out Shawn and Bill Gorman on the net.  Shawn is the CEO of LL Bean and Bill has his own TV show on the Outdoor Channel, LL Bean Guide to the Outdoors.  Family business, been around for years.
I don't have TV right now, turned it off to save for a vehicle. The reason I asked the question is I found out the have a shop about an hour from me and I would like to check it out before winter but wanted to be sure they are not like Dicks have become.

Quote from: zelmo1 on June 23, 2019, 06:46:08 AM
High quality for sure. I do miss the lifetime warranty on their name products. I bought a pair of waterproof moccasins ( slippers, but that sounds too old for me ) and wore them through and brought them back for new ones three times. But you can't mistake the quality. Very pro sportsman too. Great lobster rolls across the street from their main showroom
I really need a pair of boots before Spring season, my feet got drenched in my 1200 gram Thinsulate boots because of sweating so bad. I bought a pair of Irish Setter TrueTimber Kanati VaprTrek Waterproof Non-Insulated Hunting Boots before Spring but when they came in they were much to narrow and that was the widest they had of them. Pity, the length was perfect and they were light as a feather.

John Koenig:

BrowningGuy88

LL Bean are the only rubber boot I wear. I wear them most anytime I am not working at the mill. I've had a pair for 8 years now that other than some tread wear don't show much wear.