turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hit Squad Outdoors...

Started by sixbird, June 16, 2019, 06:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Watching TV and got weary of hearing how bad Trump was, so turned the channel to Outdoor Channel. I see a turkey hunting show so I tune in. It's Hit Squad Outdoors. The name turns me off at the outset but hey, it's turkey hunting.
Well, I came in as the show is in progress and I'm given a guy working in on a group of toms in full strut. He's carrying a fan and sneaking in. There's some bizarre serial killer music going. The guy makes one hen yelp (I suppose so he can claim to have called them in) and almost simultaneously shoots at 50 yds. He kills the gobbler and as he's walking over he's extolling the attributes of Muck boots, saying he'd never have made it through the ankle deep water without them.
As he's walking, you see a house in the background in direct line of fire. Now I know that the camera sometimes alters depth perception, but no mention of the house by him.
Now the authority on turkey hunting is in a blind with the box call they're endorsing. He says how a turkey is moving toward them but he wants to hurry him up and, of course this fabulous box will get the job done. He calls...The gobbler looks up but doesn't respond. Of course the narrative is that this magic box will make him do any number of things he doesn't want to do.
Man, I hate these shows. They can't call a gobbler in fair and square and they have egos as big as Texas. They put on a show that's all show and no substance AND, it's basically an advertisement for the products that they endorse.
The more of this drivel I see the more I think of Pinhoti, The Hunting Public, Catman Outdoors, MeatEater, etc. I don't know why I even turn on most of Sportsman's Channel, let alone Outdoor Channel which has become a western movie channel.
How can they sell this programing?

wchadw

Try mossy oak go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southerngobbler

At least you got to watch some turkey hunting today. My GF had friends over and were watching one of those house wives of wherever shows. I'm pretty sure ANY turkey hunting show would have been better than that

wchadw

Quote from: Southerngobbler on June 16, 2019, 06:58:04 PM
At least you got to watch some turkey hunting today. My GF had friends over and were watching one of those house wives of wherever shows. I'm pretty sure ANY turkey hunting show would have been better than that
Mossy oak go on your phone. Free content

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

https://www.carbontv.com has some good stuff and is free. I do not like the advertising stuff myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Pitching the free gear,good for them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Spitten and drummen

Anybody can have a hunting show now if they know someone and have money. In my opinion these shows have really hurt hunting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Yoteduster

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 16, 2019, 08:15:06 PM
Anybody can have a hunting show now if they know someone and have money. In my opinion these shows have really hurt hunting.
Twenty minutes of advertising ten minutes of miniokker hunting

guesswho

Never heard of them.  Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

fallhnt

Quote from: guesswho on June 16, 2019, 08:40:13 PM
Never heard of them.  Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
Part of the "young guns". Gonna shoot more birds than the old guys. Probably the reason for turkey populations dropping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Roost 1

Tim Silva heads it up. He's a former MMA fighter.

sixbird

Yeah, I liked him MMA. Hunting, not so much...

sixbird

Quote from: Yoteduster on June 16, 2019, 08:20:41 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 16, 2019, 08:15:06 PM
Twenty minutes of advertising ten minutes of miniokker hunting

Yes, exactly! Mediocre at best.

sixbird

To be honest, I feel sorry for the turkeys. It's just not fair to stalk them like that and shoot them long range.
To me, it's about calling them in. If they beat you, it's fair...

guesswho

Quote from: Roost 1 on June 16, 2019, 11:28:47 PM
Tim Silva heads it up. He's a former MMA fighter.
Maybe somebody will run out there and knock him down and take his fan and gun from him.   I'd watch that episode. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff