OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another bad day this week

Started by REBELYELL, June 07, 2019, 10:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

As many of you know, I lost my wife unexpectedly on May 5th. That day along with burying her on May 8th were the worst days of my life. We had a non-verbal Autistic son and it breaks my heart every day to see him staring at pictures of my wife. He was also born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome or commonly referred to as HLHS, so she had been a stay at home mom since he was born. Two years ago we made the decision to pull him out of the public school system because of his fragile immune system. He was coming home with some bug every week, from the flu to strep throat and everything in between. It just wasn't fair to him because of everything he has been through in his life, fighting since birth. The last two years he was homebound, meaning a teacher was coming to the house, and also allowing him and my wife to spend every moment of every day together. He loved her so much and he of course was her world. She had some real health issues the last few years, but she always put him first and foremost in her life. Every day has been hard, but I had another really bad day this week when I had to order her headstone. I went ahead and ordered a triple design for the three of us. She loved the beach and was in flip flops all summer long. I gave her a Boston Terrier for Valentine's Day a few months before we got married. We finally had to put him down last year, but Lord she loved that dog. I had tried to let me get her another one, but she would tell me she just wasn't ready yet. A friend at the monument company helped me design it and I tried to capture who we were in life.

ccleroy

Prayers sent brother, I can't imagine what you are going through. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Ricky

SinGin

All I can say is take it one day at a time brother.

SwampRooster17

Be strong in faith brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

You did a fine job designing them. I like how you worked in the symbol for autism with the heart and the love you both still share for your son. Prayers go out to you and your family.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Again lot's of prayers and that design is just beautiful... great job my friend .... I know she's smiling from heaven .... GOD BLESS.....

Candyman

Well done Jody. I can't imagine what you were feeling or all the emotions. I think you captured everything just perfect.  I am here if you need me.

Continuing to pray....

FN

silvestris

Life is fragile and uncertain.  My prayers.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Rzrbac

You and your son are still in my prayers.  Sometimes all you can do is pray and put one foot in front of the other.

kytrkyhntr

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

tomstopper

Prayers sent for your family.  :cross2: :bible:

RutnNStrutn

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there man. Sending prayers your way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BKnisley

perrytrails

My heart goes out to you. Prayers

Sixes

That is a beautiful tribute. My prayers for your family