OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First custom call

Started by Wisgobbler, June 07, 2019, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisgobbler

I've been chasing turkeys for around 30 years. In all of those years I've never owned a custom call. Those days are over. My wife asked what I'd like for Father's Day. I love locating/roosting turkeys so I said I'd like a nice owl call. So.... I contacted James Harrison and he is building me my first hootin stick.
I chose olive wood and I am absolutely stoked!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

You will really enjoy that Hootin Stick .... welcome now to buying more calls ....

Rzrbac

Bless your heart, I was in about the same boat. I bought 4 trumpets this spring and have a Fulkerson hen box coming. I also have reservations for Unicoi, the bug bites hard.

Chris O

Quote from: Rzrbac on June 07, 2019, 07:27:23 PM
Bless your heart, I was in about the same boat. I bought 4 trumpets this spring and have a Fulkerson hen box coming. I also have reservations for Unicoi, the bug bites hard.
Yeah only about 3 short years ago I started buying custom. Wish I could have started 20 years ago and stockpiled all these hard to get calls. I truly enjoy getting new calls to play

Fieldturkey

Can someone please pm me Harrison's contact info.

Thanks

Gobble!

Thats a solid investment.

Jrkimbrough

Nice!   :wagon: aboard the custom call wagon!  lol

ncturkey

You should get him to make you a matching crow caller to go with it. You will be happy with the Hooter.

Wisgobbler

Quote from: ncturkey on June 09, 2019, 12:02:07 PM
You should get him to make you a matching crow caller to go with it. You will be happy with the Hooter.

I've been thinking the same.

Wisgobbler

Just heard from James, my call will go in the mail tomorrow! He sent me some pics and the thing is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it up close and personal!

Wisgobbler

Field turkey I'll try to get you contact info. I think I heard that he has an account on here??

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Wisgobbler on June 09, 2019, 06:49:35 PM
Field turkey I'll try to get you contact info. I think I heard that he has an account on here??

I contacted him via his Facebook page

Fieldturkey

I found it buddy! Thank you

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Fieldturkey on June 09, 2019, 07:18:09 PM
I found it buddy! Thank you

Awesome! I'm glad!