turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro H210 test

Started by CommandCar, May 03, 2011, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CommandCar

I used to wonder how nitro company got the ultra performance the factory loads could not offer.

Pressure gun results - 30" bbl,  cylinder choke, .776 bore, velocity measured @ 4' from muzzle

ammo - nitro H210 4x5x7 Hevi

round 1:  1187 fps   13,200 PSI
round 2:  1221 fps   15,000 PSI
round 3:  1202 fps   13,800 PSI

average: 1203 fps   14,000 PSI
EV:              34 fps     1,800 PSI

Not what you expected?  Any comments?

Houndstooth Game Calls

What does nitro state on FPS ?

Houndstooth Game Calls

Slower the load better the load stays together I always heard but good info!

drenalinld

I have heard several speculate the Nitro pressure were high. I would love to see them shot through the same setup with H-13's for comparison. Thanks for sharing.

CommandCar

Yes, the pressures are quite high, well above SAMMI specs.

I may send some of the Hevi 13's down the pressure gun in the future, but since the velocity of those 2 3/8 oz loads is listed as 1090 FPS, I think they have a better chance of coming in at or just under SAMMI limits.

Old Gobbler

From what I understand the velocity would most likely be higher out of a tighter turkey choke, dont ask me why or how , I have no Idea ? - the people that have tested a regularly choked gun vs. a turkey choke on a chrono have reported this
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

drenalinld

A lot of guys here on OG report H-13 velocities quite a bit higher than 1090 when tested in their guns?

gobbler74

Talk to Goldhunter about the differences in velocity from the same shell in a rem 870 and a Mossy 835..anyhoo...I like the 210 and 210b for 10 ga. been shooting them awhile
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

John Y

Does Nitro not state that their velocities are checked out of a 21" and 24" barrel?  I would suspect that the velocities would be even lower if the test were done with these barrels.

4nolz2

are there long term bad effects on most modern guns?

CommandCar

Don't know the answer here, but how many miles do you think you could get on your truck if you ran it a 5,000 RPM all the time.

Hognutz

How many would you shoot in a lifetime? 100, maybe?
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

runngun

I have shot Nitros for a very long time. A couple of years ago I shot some threw my Encore and where the firing pin strike there was a pin hole where the shell ruptured the primer. I killed several turkeys with them.  Called nitro not to gripe but to inform them and they siad send them the hulls so they could look at them so I did. Then to my surprise a few days later I got 10 more nitros in the mail. Some of those did the same thing but they shot like the devil.  Would say it was the guns firing pin but it never did it with any other shell I shot.  No doubt Nitro's are hot, hot, hot but I shoot them in every gun I own.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

gobbler74

Now is the time to order...good time a day. Ordered 25 h210bs on a recent Thursday and they shipped the following Monday. Got em wed. Never in history have I got em that quick.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"