turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Phantom gobbles

Started by Wisgobbler, June 04, 2019, 10:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisgobbler

So ya see doc, the thing is, I keep hearing these turkey gobbles. I hear them in town, I hear them at work, I hear them in the supermarket.
I heard one this morning as I opened my eyes. It startled me so much that I reached for my gun, (which plainly wasn't even there) so quickly that I knocked my wife right out of the bed.
This in turn startled her and she made so much noise when she hit the floor screaming that if there was a gobbler there he spooked and took off and I'll never really know...
I kept hissing at her to "Get down against that big oak and shut up!" And, that's how I got hit in the head with the alarm clock and why I need the stitches......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Yoteduster

Lmao...now that us funny...end of season withdrawals are a b##h

tal

So I'm going to bed earlier tonight and see if I can catch him coming back to the roost.

mikejd

Funny you say this. During seasons of good gobbling(which hasn't been for a long time as I did not hear even one this entire season) I to have heard fantom gobbles. Sometimes at work at the grocery store. Could Be anywhere For That matter.

Wisgobbler

Quote from: mikejd on June 04, 2019, 12:15:40 PM
Funny you say this. During seasons of good gobbling(which hasn't been for a long time as I did not hear even one this entire season) I to have heard fantom gobbles. Sometimes at work at the grocery store. Could Be anywhere For That matter.

Right? I will likely hear them for another week or so. I actually did shush my son the other day while we were in the yard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: mikejd on June 04, 2019, 12:15:40 PM

I head a few gobbles in the office this year.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

I get this in reverse, lol. Wife is a little bonkers  :OGturkeyhead:

owlhoot

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

NCL

mattbrooks

Sir-diealot

You clearly married an Italian woman!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

THattaway

I know you fellas are joking but during turkey season here in SC, and after spending all day or days in the woods, I can still hear song birds and crows in the background at home in a quiet house as I am drifting off to sleep at night. It's sort of white noise I guess you would say. It's not entirely a bad thing. And fwiw, if I thought I heard a gobble then 9 out of 10 times I did hear a gobble.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles