OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

a-5/sumtoy/remington nitro# 5 pattern

Started by fountain, May 03, 2011, 09:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain

I had willaim rework an old bbl I had for my a-5..cut years back and now re-worked and threaded for tru choke and fitted with a Sumtoy 660.

30 yards..158 in 10"

[attachment deleted by admin]

fountain

I figured it may die out to nothing and figured 30 was far enoughs for this load.  What king of patterns are considered aboves average at 30 and 40 for lead..a load like this one?  Am I in the ball park with this pattern at 30?

IowaNate

At 30 yards for lead, it's a great pattern. I wouldn't be surprised if you still got atleast 80 pellets in the 10" at 40 yards.
Lead shooter for life! Know your gun, know your shell, pattern multiple times, know your effective distance, and practice the calls...and the Pb #4's will put 'em down everytime!

fountain

so this is not too bad then, especially with the cheap rem nitros..prolly could do better with some hotter pb loads, but im gonna stick with these..i also have some winchester 6s i may try.  i will try a 40 this weekend..maybe it can do 75 or so..

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dwbiggs

My Dads old Model 11 Remmy fitted for Turkey choke shooting 2 3/4" Win #5's...roughly counted 155 in 10" at 25 yds.  Not bad for first and only shot.  That bird ain't going nowhere...we should have taken a few more shots at longer distance.