OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bowtech Reckoning WOW

Started by BottomLand54, June 01, 2019, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

Ok guys for my new reckoning today!

Had my catfish custom graphite grey and red strings and cables installed.

Installed a hamskea Trinity Hunter!

Axcel accutouch pro carbon slider av41

CBE TORQ Hunter stabilizer system.

Going to be running a black rise quiver.

Guys I do not shoot any 3d, or indoor stuff. I am a back yard archer and hunter.

This bow has blow me away with a 418 grain arrow at 57 lbs at 30" I am shooting 275fps on comfort and 284 consistently on performance.

I got to shoot the bow back to back today with a realm x and a traverse.

Praise God it's a mix of both bows. It is smoother then both with no dump or jump just like the traverse. It has the most solid back wall out of any bow I've ever shot. Feels like I'm holding 1 lb if that at full draw.

I will attach pictures. If you are 30" and like the realm x and like the traverse lol this bow here has both combined. Grip is amazing, it is so quite I honestly think it is as quite as the traverse if not quieter.

I am soooo super stoked and never do Aerojet up about a bow but this is worth it all.

Going to pose allot of pictures for everyone!

Notice the traverse, realm x, and the reckoning are all about the same overall length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

More pictures!

BottomLand54

Notice the traverse with its big cams is almost a smidge longer overall then the reckoning!

BottomLand54

1st shot through paper, rest set with laser everything level and layered centershot. Bow didn't need a thing gabooom bullet hole.

Tail Feathers

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

You look like a pretty serious archer with that equipment.  Glad it's getting like you want it.  You still have some time before deer season opens.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BottomLand54

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 01, 2019, 06:07:06 PM
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

You look like a pretty serious archer with that equipment.  Glad it's getting like you want it.  You still have some time before deer season opens.
Amen lol tapa talk sent this hear instead of archery talk hahaha my mistake!

Sir-diealot

Nice looking bows. I am still shooting my old PSE Carrea I got 2 months before my car accident in 2001 but want to drop from 60-70 lbs. @29" down to 45-55 when I have healed from my next shoulder surgery on Friday. As you can see it is a relic lol. Got my first Robinhood with it though. I always enjoyed making my own arrows up, do you do that? It's a lot of fun.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BottomLand54

Haha nah I don't have allot of time I have a guy who builds all of mine for me.

Man I love archery I meant to post this on archery talk and accidentally left it here haha.

Oh well good conversation piece I wander how many on here are into archery!

Rzrbac

I love archery. I raised an archery nut. He can tell you about every stat on any bow. He's as good as anybody when it comes to tuning a bow, no matter the cam system.

I'm shooting a PSE Beast, I'm a fan of long ATA bows. Before I started shooting PSE's I was a Bowtech fan. My last Bowtech was an Insanity CPXL.

My son shoots for PSE. He's a shooter.

He usually shoots all the ASA tourneys but this year he has only had time to shoot the one in Paris, TX.

Sir-diealot

Quite a few are. I really miss it, has been a few years with surgeries and all.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

captpete

I started shooting in 1987. I used to really be into it, but I have lost some interest. I've gone from owning 5 bows to just 2. My newest bow is a '16 Darton DS3800. I also have an '08 Bowtech  Guardian, which I actually prefer over the Darton. It's not fast compared to most bows today, but it is the smoothest drawing, easiest holding and dead quiet/no shock bow I have shot.

I got tired of driving 50- 60 miles to have work done on a bow so I learned how to do it myself. Now, I have a press and a lot of other tool to work bows. For awhile I use to work on bows for 8-10 other people. Now I just work on mine and help 2 buddies work on theirs. They do the work, I just provide the tools and a little knowledge.

I also build my own arrows. I use to just cut them, glue the inserts and throw vanes on in one day, then go shoot them the next day. Now it takes me about week to build a dozen arrows.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on June 02, 2019, 10:11:41 AM
I started shooting in 1987. I used to really be into it, but I have lost some interest. I've gone from owning 5 bows to just 2. My newest bow is a '16 Darton DS3800. I also have an '08 Bowtech  Guardian, which I actually prefer over the Darton. It's not fast compared to most bows today, but it is the smoothest drawing, easiest holding and dead quiet/no shock bow I have shot.

I got tired of driving 50- 60 miles to have work done on a bow so I learned how to do it myself. Now, I have a press and a lot of other tool to work bows. For awhile I use to work on bows for 8-10 other people. Now I just work on mine and help 2 buddies work on theirs. They do the work, I just provide the tools and a little knowledge.

I also build my own arrows. I use to just cut them, glue the inserts and throw vanes on in one day, then go shoot them the next day. Now it takes me about week to build a dozen arrows.

I was heading the way of buying an apple press and all the implements myself and then my car accident happened and so many things were lost for so long (Because of my body, not misplaced) now I would like to get back into it but am not sure I can handle doing it all because the one thing other than picnic benches that gets my back going inside of a minute is standing and you have to be able to stand to run those presses with the stands they come on. I would love to try it but lot of money to spend and then just have sitting around. I do still have my JoJan Multi-Fletch Jig and enjoy doing vanes and wrapping arrows when I get in the mood. I think I will be doing some for a friend soon that just took up archery so it will be fun teaching him how to do that.

John Koenig:

mikejd

Bow looks awesome. I am shooting a 2019 APA Mamba 28xr this year. Kuiu verde II camo. So far its been fun to shoot.

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2019, 10:23:20 AM

I was heading the way of buying an apple press and all the implements myself and then my car accident happened and so many things were lost for so long (Because of my body, not misplaced) now I would like to get back into it but am not sure I can handle doing it all because the one thing other than picnic benches that gets my back going inside of a minute is standing and you have to be able to stand to run those presses with the stands they come on. I would love to try it but lot of money to spend and then just have sitting around. I do still have my JoJan Multi-Fletch Jig and enjoy doing vanes and wrapping arrows when I get in the mood. I think I will be doing some for a friend soon that just took up archery so it will be fun teaching him how to do that.

I have a LCA EZ Green Press. It has short legs...mine are about 8". I use 2 C-clamps to hold it on an old kitchen table in the basement. If I wanted I could actually sit and work on a bow...it wouldn't be the most comfortable, but it could be done. It would be pretty easy to mount it to a lower bench or table so you could sit to work on it.   http://lastchancearchery.com/shop-1/ez-green-press

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on June 02, 2019, 04:30:48 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2019, 10:23:20 AM

I have a LCA EZ Green Press. It has short legs...mine are about 8". I use 2 C-clamps to hold it on an old kitchen table in the basement. If I wanted I could actually sit and work on a bow...it wouldn't be the most comfortable, but it could be done. It would be pretty easy to mount it to a lower bench or table so you could sit to work on it.   http://lastchancearchery.com/shop-1/ez-green-press
Never seen a press like that before, have only really been exposed to the Apple Presses. Will it work with all limb types?

John Koenig: