turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sorry guys

Started by yella yelper, May 03, 2011, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yella yelper

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked in.  If you ever need me, just PM me.  I check email all the time but don't check in on here as much as I should.  I've been on vacation for 2 weeks.  Went hunting the first week and went to Boston the second week.  Hunting is dire in these parts.  I went a whole week at my camp without even hearing a single gobble.  I usually hear about 5 or 6 every day.  Good news: I did call up 9 jakes in 2 days!

I did kill a turkey the second day of season, but however I was at a buddy's camp and didn't have a scale.  It was just a 2 year old with 3/4" spurs and 10" beard, but a turkey none-the-less.  

Season went out today in Arkansas.  We had serious flooding 2 years ago and are paying the price now on the turkey population.  We are experiencing serious flooding now too, just turn on the TV.   It'll be a few years before Arkansas is back to the "good ol days".

Good luck if you're still in season and congrats if you rolled one.

Woodsman4God

Thank you and congrats to you also  :jackson:

anthonyjhallen

Thats a cool pic.  And congrats on smashin ones head. 

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Congrats!! Great bird!!

I hope you took the measurements with pics, regardless of the scales.

At the measurements you posted it's still a 49 score, which is better than a 0 on the team thread.

God Bless,
David B.

yella yelper

Sure didn't, my mistake.  I though it was all or none, I didn't know you could post partial measurements to get a partial score.  It sure would have helped! Oh well, I guess I'll know for next year.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Quote from: yella yelper on May 09, 2011, 11:11:39 AM
Sure didn't, my mistake.  I though it was all or none, I didn't know you could post partial measurements to get a partial score.  It sure would have helped! Oh well, I guess I'll know for next year.

That's ok. Only the weight is possible. The rules read for a mature bird, and no pictures of weight, the weight is automatically 14 pounds. A jake is 10 I believe.

Congrats on the bird.

God Bless,
David B.