turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Update from MI

Started by woodsman1977, May 03, 2011, 09:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsman1977

Hey guys, just anted to drop a quick update from my season (as young as it is) May 2 was opening day, I saw first a group of 4 jakes (I let them walk at about 15 feet, exciting) and then got a lone gobbler going at about 7:30....he came from the corner of the field at about 125 yards and started moving my way. I didn't call because I knew he would see my dekes and with a little wind, they were moving for realism. He would strut and gobble....strut and gobble.....getting closer and closer. I wish he wouldn't have been gobbling because when he was about 80 yards out a "gang" of 12 jakes come blasting out into the field and actually run the gobbler off.

I will be back after them this weekend and next week have some days off.

BowBendr

I had the same thing happen to me early last week, I wish now that I would have shot some of the jakes as they have completely ran off every tom that was there before the season started. Haven't heard a gobble in there in a long time........

Keep after it, best of luck to you Jim.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Duke0002

Man, that's a huge band of jakes!   You'll have something to shoot at next year for sure.  Keep on keeping on.