turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I love my wife, but I am starting to worry

Started by zelmo1, May 29, 2019, 09:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

My wife has really gotten into turkey hunting this year and it has been great. Our season ends Friday and she has grown a certain respect and dislike for our favorite birds. Here are some texts from her the past few days, these are quotes mind you, lol. I will be PC with the language. I laughed so hard I almost choked.  :funnyturkey:

" Checking the Mountain field, Q*%%$bait is in the field. I am going to try to shoot him in the face." XOXOX
" Sausagefest at the farm, WTH is wrong with these F$%^ers, Seven strutters in the front field, not a hen in sight. I am thinking we shot all the straight ones"

Ozarks Hillbilly

That's good stuff

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Yoteduster

Rapscallion Vermilion

zelmo1

Boy did she get "angry" when I told her she should have learned to call and my guiding prices have gone up. I do believe meal prices and "alone time" may go up and down respectively.  :OGturkeyhead:

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

fishr64

LMAO!! Good to hear I'm not alone at allowing these birds to get under my skin.  Tread lightly Z.

bbcoach

See what happens when you bring the BOSS to your party, they just COMPLETELY screw everything up!!!!  LMAO!!!! 

It's GREAT that your wife has taken to this sport.  I would love for my wife to do the same but there are several aspects that she can't relate to personally yet.  She watches shows on turkey hunting, encourages my participation, gets excited for me after a kill and doesn't mind the 3 months of calling practice before the season starts but ...  Maybe she'll go someday and get that RUSH we all experience.

A Wife that hunts is a Hunting Partner for LIFE!

HookedonHooks

You know you got it bad when you start questioning the sexuality of the toms you're hunting. I think that's a common "joke" or frustration that most all us hard core hunters deal with. Sometimes I think  they just want to play with their buds, especially if the ladies stood him up the day before.

zelmo1

I want to buy two more weeks to hunt here if I could get another tag or 2.  :funnyturkey:

Sir-diealot

That's funny. I wish I could get my GF to go hunting at least hunting with me if not her hunting but she swerves to miss mice on the road and was pretty grossed out by all I have done to the turkey to get feathers and spurs and all.

She did get Borax into the holes of the bone the spurs are in for me last night, that kind of surprised me. Glad she did, my hands would not have been able to do it as easily as she did.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Hahaha. She sounds like a seasoned turkey hunter.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jeremy66

That's good stuff there.  I finally got my wife to spot ducks, geese, deer, and turkeys for me....

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny