OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Most expensive turkey vest ever?

Started by Dazzler, May 27, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283497375868

$1,200 Bob Dixon vest complete with bad zippers and missing seat section. Does anyone actually pay that kind of money for a vest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

Sort of crazy if you ask me...we'll see if it sells

1iagobblergetter

That was a good inVESTment...Wear it until it's about worn out and then sell it for probably over 8x more than was paid for it...
Each to own..
Hard to believe since the Limbhanger no one has come out with something similiar..Wish I knew how to sew. Lol..

davisd9

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 27, 2019, 11:38:54 AM
That was a good inVESTment...Wear it until it's about worn out and then sell it for probably over 8x more than was paid for it...
Each to own..
Hard to believe since the Limbhanger no one has come out with something similiar..Wish I knew how to sew. Lol..

Ol Tom Easy Rider
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

LaLongbeard

Someone will buy it. Some people are more interested in looking the part than being a turkey hunter lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Spitten and drummen

All I can say..... well , hahahahaha sums it up better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Wiseoldowl430@gmail.com

I have a new Bob Dixon vest that still has the paper tags attached with the plastic ties. I think it was number 212.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Wiseoldowl430@gmail.com on May 27, 2019, 02:07:05 PM
I have a new Bob Dixon vest that still has the paper tags attached with the plastic ties. I think it was number 212.
Sell,sell,sell... if you haven't used it by now I'd cash$$$ in... :icon_thumright:

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: Wiseoldowl430@gmail.com on May 27, 2019, 02:07:05 PM
If you ever want to part with it wait until February or March and put it on flebay I would say it would bring $2000-$2500 without much problem.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Wiseoldowl430@gmail.com

zelmo1

First one, don't remember what it was. But then you have to fill all those dam pockets with crap, then better crap. Then more decoys, blinds, chokes, ammo, guns, camo, bigger truck, trailer to haul all your crap etc, this is why it is called a sickness,  :OGturkeyhead:

grayfox

Last year my buddy sold a used one he had on ebay for I believe for $1250.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Marc

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 27, 2019, 11:38:54 AM
Each to own..
Quote from: LaLongbeard on May 27, 2019, 12:29:56 PM
Someone will buy it. Some people are more interested in looking the part than being a turkey hunter lol.
In all fairness it is a "vintage vest."  You are buying a piece of turkey hunting heritage and history with that vest, much like purchasing an old pretty hand-made call...

It would not appeal to me, but I can see the appeal.

If they made an exact replica of the same vest, it would likely go for about the same or less than some of the current vests would be my guess.  Technology has made some advancement, especially in back and butt support, as well as material...

The vest is a solid design, but it is not the design of the vest that makes it so appealing to current buyers, it is the history and heritage...  Like shooting a bird with that ol' Parker double...  There are certainly guns that are more technologically advanced, but there is something about going old school which is appealing.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Yoteduster

I see they have relisted it for 800.00 starting bid