OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pushing the middle of May  (Read 1734 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Pushing the middle of May
« on: May 14, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »
Gentlemen,

2019 season has closed out for many of our team, but a number of states have seasons that extend well into May. Let us know if you are still hunting and when you will begin cleaning your gear and putting it up. We could definitely use a few good birds on the scorecard, especially from those who have not laid one out yet..

Also. There have been several members that we have heard nothing from all season. If this sounds familiar to you personally, please let us know what has happened to you. Being completely emotionally torn up by what has been happening on Game of Thrones does not constitute valid rationale for your silence. We would love to hear from you and share in your frustrations of how the male birds have been disrespecting your plaintive and seductve pleadings for consensual relations.

As always, Cheers.  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Pushing the middle of May
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
Still hunting. Have seen a few hit the ground lately by wife and friends. Saving my last tag for the last week of May.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »
Still hunting here as well. The 23rd is my last day. Fingers crossed I can put one on the ground before the final bell rings.

Offline TKE921

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:23:14 PM »
My last day will be Thur.  My friend in VA called yesterday at about 1pm and said he saw 6 longbeards just below a field we have named "the killing field".  That field is the same one from the youth hunt pictures.  Hopefully we can get in there, get set up, and make something happen.  If not it has been a great season.  I was counting yesterday and in total there have been 13 mature toms and 4 jakes within gun range of me this year.  Myself and my father-in-law each got our first osceola and I finally got my friend's little boy a turkey.  I was also able to call in turkeys for two other friends.