OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ruts Surgery  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Ruts Surgery
« on: May 11, 2019, 10:02:19 PM »
I know its only been a couple of days how you faring after that surgery.Did the docs give you a good prognosis. Taking a cat nap in a recliner is ok but when you have that surgery and that recliner is now your bed it,s a different story. Keep us updated good luck with therapy.     :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Online RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Ruts Surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
Thanks brother!! Very true!! :icon_thumright:
Prognosis is excellent. Surgeon said if I stick with program, the outcome will be very good. :icon_thumright:
Sleeping in a recliner does suck!! Taking pain meds sucks too. ::) Trying to take a dump after days of pain meds sucks too!! :character: ::) Who the hell enjoys that and gets addicted to it? Beats TF out of me. ???
My wife has been wonderful in taking care of me. A wee bit overboard at times, but she's a great gal. One of these nights I'm gonna have to fire up "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" so that she'll understand that Nurse Ratched references!! ;) ;D :TooFunny:
I'm doing home therapy for now, but should ramp it up at the therapy center starting next week. I got in a 2 hour nap in my bed today, and it was heaven!!! :funnyturkey:
In the meantime, I'm already making plans for next season. ;)
Keep ole Hayudog in your thoughts and prayers as well brothers, I believe he is having his knees done next month. In the meantime, schwack some upgrades brothers, and above all be safe!! :police: :firefighter:

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
Hope ya'll don't mind my posting in here but just wanted to say I hope you are healing well and it sounds like you are. I hear you on the not being able to take a dump part, one of the major problems I have had, I pay $40-$75 a month just to take a crap because none of the stuff the docs can prescribe works including the stuff made for people like me who have to take opioids. It can get quite uncomfortable.

I got used to sleeping on the recliner after a while, was not to bad but I hear ya on the bed being so much better.

Can't believe you wife does not know who Nurse Ratched is lol

Last day of turkey season here in NY is May 31 at noon and I leave right from the field and drive an hour to go to pre-op for my shoulder surgery. (Bringing a change of clothes to the field with me) Maybe if they glue us together they can get one proper working body out of both of us!

Anyway bud keep on healing and update us as you can.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery JimBo!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Online RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »
My wife is a sweet little country girl who has lived a sheltered life. She didn't go to the movies much back in the day, and when she did it wasn't "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". I'm super lucky to have a lady like her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Thebody

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »
Get well, brother.  And not to sound negative, but get off the pain meds as soon as you can.  I am making A career of working over prescribing physicians.  That poison has a place, but it comes with a cost.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

Online RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
Get well, brother.  And not to sound negative, but get off the pain meds as soon as you can.  I am making A career of working over prescribing physicians.  That poison has a place, but it comes with a cost.
Trust me brother, don't I know!! The last few years of my career I ran so many OD's that I lost count. Frankly, I don't get it. Pain meds don't get me high, they make me tired and I feel loopy, and then I get constipated. Where the hell is the fun in that? ??? I could never get hooked on that garbage. I'm already off of that stuff.