OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tagged out in one state  (Read 1796 times)

Offline TKE921

Tagged out in one state
« on: May 11, 2019, 09:14:56 PM »
Sad day here in WV as our season closed out however there are still a few days left in VA.  My last hunt was a great one with a bird gobbling his head off, a hen walking almost on top of me to go to said bird and hours later the smell of gunpowder.  I ended up shooting the smaller of 2 birds that were coming in because the big bird never made a peep and I only saw him when he jumped right as I shot the lead bird.  I would also like to think I shot this smallish bird as a request I received  in my inbox haha   :funnyturkey:

I didn't bother to score this bird because a friend I give the meat to was there and he was already cutting up the turkey as I was calling to check it in and it is definitely not an upgrade.

I named him Chocolate Chip

When they are this big, you only need one

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Tagged out in one state
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
ha great bird congrats, I killed one like that a few years back and I thought it was a jake at first.

Online FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: Tagged out in one state
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
Man, that is a sad genetic twin to the one I shot this year. Nice beard, but feeble in the spur department.

It's a clear indictment when you have to tie the turkey tote at his knees cause he ain't got enough spurs to catch onto.  :-\  ;D

Great year for you anyway. Congratulations.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.