turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BRUISER BIRD!! WI Bird MK M GOBL Tagged

Started by MK M GOBL, May 08, 2019, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Well got out to the blind early this morning trying to beat the rain on a bird, rain won... I did have a bearded jenny come out and as the rain got harder I took a break from it.

This evening when the weather broke I hoped in the truck, I had been seeing this "tub-o-turkey" in this waterway a few times in the evenings and decided it would be the spot to hit. I set my Stakeout blind up, turkey lounger and my DSD feeding hen Jewels out, called a couple of times and just sat there, about 20 minutes and I see him coming from my right full strut and white headed heading right to Jewels, he didn't make it to her :)

Now I have a fan running on him to dry him out, scale is reading over 29lbs right now, there is some water weight to a wet bird but he is a heavy one. I post weight as soon as I can get a good reading.

MK M GOBL

Harty

Congrats! You're on a roll. That is certainly a chubster.
I'm jealous. You guys have so many more tags available out you're way versus SE Wisconsin Z2.
Might have to start heading out that way. I have some connections in Coon Valley????

Yoteduster

MK M GOBL

Quote from: MK M GOBL on May 08, 2019, 09:07:37 PM
Well got out to the blind early this morning trying to beat the rain on a bird, rain won... I did have a bearded jenny come out and as the rain got harder I took a break from it.

This evening when the weather broke I hoped in the truck, I had been seeing this "tub-o-turkey" in this waterway a few times in the evenings and decided it would be the spot to hit. I set my Stakeout blind up, turkey lounger and my DSD feeding hen Jewels out, called a couple of times and just sat there, about 20 minutes and I see him coming from my right full strut and white headed heading right to Jewels, he didn't make it to her :)

Now I have a fan running on him to dry him out, scale is reading over 29lbs right now, there is some water weight to a wet bird but he is a heavy one. I post weight as soon as I can get a good reading.

MK M GOBL

After 2+ hours of getting him dried out he is my HEAVIEST bird to date at 29lbs 2oz!!

MK M GOBL

Mathews.1

tomstopper

That is a hog. Congrats man

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Waynesworld23

To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

ejhandler

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Wisgobbler

Great bird man congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishr64

oakraidia

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Divenut2

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

3bailey3

Wow he is huge, head looks like it is 5 pounds, Congrats!