turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stumpy Mahogany Ceramic

Started by TKE921, May 08, 2019, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKE921

I have always been a fan of ceramic calls and read quite a bit about Stumpy's Ceramic so I had him send me some soundfiles and I picked out a mahogany call.  It has been an incredible call to say the very least.  I have brought in two FL Osceolas and five Eastern gobblers with it (for myself and friends) this season. On the lease I hunt in WV, if you step on the front end just a bit and really make it high pitched, the birds absolutely can't stand it.

Here are 3 of the birds I killed. 

MDTOM84

I have a sycamore ceramic from Stumpy and I love it. IMO Stumpy makes the best ceramics on the market.

Southerngobbler

Sounds like i'll be needing one of those calls now.

stumpy

I love the ceramic call sounds great and easy to run and kills turkeys hands down my favorite, congrats and I hope it serves u well for many years to come
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

Gog1015

I have the sycamore and the black limba, the ceramic tends to work better in humid conditions here in South Alabama compared to most surfaces I have tried.

Spitten and drummen

I will say , in my opinion , there is not a better ceramic call out there than what Chad builds.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Harty

I would expect you will be purchasing another?
I have two of Chads ceramics and the birds have been and are still very responsive to them. I will probably be getting a third (they are that good). Oh..and congrats on the birds. Nicely done.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Harty on May 09, 2019, 07:33:19 AM
I would expect you will be purchasing another?
I have two of Chads ceramics and the birds have been and are still very responsive to them. I will probably be getting a third (they are that good). Oh..and congrats on the birds. Nicely done.

I have 3 and you are spot on.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

RiverRoost

Any particular one that gets the edge if you were buying just one? I have a Halloran ceramic that I like so I don't want to buy more than one at a time.

Spitten and drummen

If you like good rasp , cant go wrong with mahogany. You like middle of the road , walnut. You like nice young clearer hen , mahoe.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 09, 2019, 11:46:08 AM
If you like good rasp , cant go wrong with mahogany. You like middle of the road , walnut. You like nice young clearer hen , mahoe.
I just pmd Stumpy about a ceramic trying to decide on wood. Anybody got a sound file for the Mahoe? Right now I'm thinking Mahogany from the sound file I heard .
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Spitten and drummen

I don't have a soundfile but own both. Mahagony is the best to my ear.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Turkeyman62

Can anyone post a pic of the Mahogany Ceramic
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

stumpy

Look under pot calls and strikers there are some there
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..