turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

North Central Nebraska

Started by Click, May 08, 2019, 11:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

Anyone out there now or been this time of the year?

Yoteduster

My hunting buddies and I were out there last week by Ogallala and did great

Gooserbat

Hunted around North Platte last year.  Was so so.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gobbler2577

This time of year can be really good or really tough.  2 years ago I was there the first week of may and the jakes had for the most part whipped all the longbeards and run them off.  If you stumbled upon an adult he didnt dare gobble.  Managed to get a limit, but took a LOT of effort.  When you get there on the right week it can be the best hunting ever. 

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

Gonna be in Lynch sunday
See how it goes

SD_smith

The weather should be a little nicer. I've heard of good experiences this time of year right around the Elkhorn River.

nebgoosehunter

You say North Central Nebraska so are you possibly talking Niobrara River?  If so, yes I have hunted the Niobrara in western Cherry County this time of year.  If you can't call one in be ready for some run and gun in those canyons next to the river.  It's a blast but can be physically challenging.  Weather should be good this weekend and all next week.   

Click

Quote from: nebgoosehunter on May 09, 2019, 10:20:24 AM
You say North Central Nebraska so are you possibly talking Niobrara River?  If so, yes I have hunted the Niobrara in western Cherry County this time of year.  If you can't call one in be ready for some run and gun in those canyons next to the river.  It's a blast but can be physically challenging.  Weather should be good this weekend and all next week.   

Thanks.  I will be a little further South around Burwell.  I have been in this part of the state before just not this late into the season. 

Gobbler2577

A man can walk himself silly around the niobrara.  But absolutely beautiful country. 

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk