OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington V3 field sport  (Read 3059 times)

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
Remington V3 field sport
« on: May 07, 2019, 02:58:09 AM »
Anyone hunting with the V3 model ? How's the results?

CrustyRusty

Re: Remington V3 field sport
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »
I have the turkey pro model and using the choke that came with it, my buddy has the 26” barreled model with a Carlson’s dead coyote choke(he is a big coyote hunter) and I have been very impressed with both.  Mine is putting around 240 with#6  3” Longbeards and his is doing about 220.  Both nice even patterns.  The guns are very light and felt recoil is much better than most other semi 12’s I’ve  owned.  I am very happy with mine.  I actually gave my son in law my sbe2 which was my dedicated rig, now the turkey pro is.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 12:07:47 AM »
I have the turkey pro model and using the choke that came with it, my buddy has the 26” barreled model with a Carlson’s dead coyote choke(he is a big coyote hunter) and I have been very impressed with both.  Mine is putting around 240 with#6  3” Longbeards and his is doing about 220.  Both nice even patterns.  The guns are very light and felt recoil is much better than most other semi 12’s I’ve  owned.  I am very happy with mine.  I actually gave my son in law my sbe2 which was my dedicated rig, now the turkey pro is.
You're using the Truglo headbanger choke?

CrustyRusty

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 07:08:32 AM »
Yes and don’t see a reason to change. The pattern is excellent, even and consistent and produces enough numbers for me.