turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom turkey vest

Started by Will, May 05, 2019, 06:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Does anyone know if there is a company that can customize your turkey hunting vest. Reason being is I have a vest with only one box call pocket but two pot call and striker pockets. I don't use pot calls but use at least two boxes. Plus I'd like a pocket for the Therma Cell. I think people would jump on something like this if you could customize your vest.

3bailey3

I have one of Glenda's satchels and I can carry two boxes, 5 pots, thermacell, owl and crow call, clippers and a turkey tote and also packed a rain jacket a few days, were there is a place for shells I put one extra shell and two themacell canisters.

Marc

I had/have the same issue...  (I do not carry a pot call, but love my box calls).

I purchased a box call holster with a clip, that clips on to my vest in a convenient location...   I use the pot call pouches for other miscellaneous nick nacks (such as TP or chalk, etc.).

Also, I found that my mesh water bottle holder fits a box call nicely...

I would go to a satchel if it were not for having to carry a bird (often long distances and up hill).  Tried the totes, and I like my game bag much better.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

LaLongbeard

Find a seamstress or someone that sews. I've modified just about every vest I've ever owned. Real easy to move the pockets or get camo material and have custom pockets made. To answer your question I don't know if anybody that offers the service.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

dirt road ninja

As posted any seamstress or alteration shop can handle it. Most will require you to supply the material and it is usually very reasonable.