OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

5 Gobblers in 4 Days

Started by SD_smith, May 02, 2019, 01:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_smith

Since I am leaving the great state of South Dakota this summer to move back to my native Florida, I decided to take a trip to some of the neighboring states before I leave. Was able to talk a fellow member off this forum, that I had never met, to join me. Was able to tag 3 birds in KS on Saturday and Sunday morning. Without a plan we bought our NE licenses online and started driving looking for birds. Ended up finding an area that was loaded and started knocking on doors. Found some spots and pulled 2 more on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Woke up Tuesday to a few inches of snow and more coming down. Great trip and lots of birds in places. I will say I was shocked at all the Mississippi license plates stacked in on each other in the little pieces of public scattered around. I thought they didn't like to hunt near others? Just ribbing you guys! It's nice to see fellow turkey hunters giving it the ole college try.

nebgoosehunter

Nice!  What part of Nebraska were you in?  I see cedars and hills, so my guess is central or southwest Nebraska.

zelmo1

Great job brother, congrats

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

JeffC

:TooFunny: Congrats, love the snow/ turkey angel
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

J.D. Shellnut

60% of the time it works every time!

RutnNStrutn

Love the pic of you and the gobbler making snow angels!!! :lol: :icon_thumright: ;D :TooFunny:

ILHUNTER

Congrats on an awesome hunting experience.  Plan on trying to hit Kansas also this year in mid may.

kyturkeyhunter4

SD_smith

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 02, 2019, 04:27:33 PM
Love the pic of you and the gobbler making snow angels!!! :lol: :icon_thumright: ;D :TooFunny:

That was my buddy! He's from Florida and never hunted in the snow! I'm the guy with the old truck picture. He shot most of the birds so he got most of the pics.

Gooserbat

Looks like you had a great time.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Crghss

Well done....must've been fun.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

randy6471

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk