Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Breedloves air cushion how do you like them?

Started by slicksbeagles1, April 30, 2019, 12:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

Does anyone use Breedloves air cushion? If you do could you give me pros and cons?
Thanks

bc76

I've used a breedlove's Cushion for about 5 years now. Wouldn't sit on anything else. I will say that I've had to make a few repairs to the fabric here and there but I'm not easy on it. It has held up to briars and the like ok, but I'm not sure how it would fair in areas out west. I do keep a spare tube on hand just in case.

Jimspur

I've used one for over 20 years. Best seat you'll ever sit on.
Works best with just enough air so your butt is almost touching
the ground.
          I also put a 1/2 inch thick piece of foam underneath the inner
tube to prevent the tube getting punctured.

dswmsn

Like the American Express commercial says I "don't leave home without it". Also have had mine for 20 years+. I punctured it once by sitting it on some unseen catbriars and I just replaced the inner tube with one from the tire store. I could have patched it, but the tube was only $10. Fieldline used to make one similar to Breedloves, but it had a Cordura cover that was even more puncture resistant. I bought it at Wal-Mart and have both. Breedloves seat to me is all pros and no cons. I sit still for long periods without fidgetting , because my tail does not hurt. Sitting still, we all know, is probably one of the most important tips in successful Turkey hunting. If it is going to rain I stuff my nylon rain suit inside the donut hole.These seats are one of the important pieces of Turkey gear that I own.

Liljake

I don't have breedloves cushion,  but I do have an 8 inch wheel barrel Inner tube I got from Home Depot stuffed into an old Climbing treestand seat cover that I have Velcroed to the top of an HS strut seat and it's fantastic. Keeps my hiney 6-7" off the ground :you_rock: Wish I would've did it years ago.
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

Jasonb53

I love mine and have had too replace the inner tube a couple times over the years. The negative is the briars will puncture but u can patch the tube or replace. If your hunting an are that has a lot of cactuses or thorns then may  be best to go with a foam pad type. The outer cover that came with mine has held up well also