OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in Wisconsin

Started by Wisgobbler, April 27, 2019, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisgobbler

I killed my bird, (the first pic) at 7:44 opening day of the first season. No weight on him but a decent bird, 9" beard and spurs just under 1"

My son killed his bird on the first day of the second season. A much nicer bird with a 10" beard, 1" spurs and a solid 25 pounds. His best so far.

Now I think we'll grab a left over fourth week tag and try a zone we've never hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Congrats to the both of you!!

What zone do you hunt? and what's the new zone? Love me them late season tags! Kill some long spurs late season :)

Here from WI too

MK M GOBL

Wisgobbler

Thanks  Mk, we're in zone 1. I'm looking at zone 3 season D. Still about 1800 tags available there!

MK M GOBL

I am zone 1 too, filled my second season tag today just before the snow started  and have a 3rd season in the pocket!

Good Luck!

MK M GOBL

Yoteduster

Congrats to both of you on some nice birds

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Divenut2

Nice.  Congrats! I've got 2 tags for zone 2. Gotta wait until  the May 8th season. Crawling outta my skin!
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Harty

Congrats! Always nice to have a few extra permits in hand so we can get back out there.

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Harty on April 27, 2019, 10:12:12 PM
Congrats! Always nice to have a few extra permits in hand so we can get back out there.

Man, if I could call turkeys to the gun year round I'd never leave the woods, I'd lose my job, the bank would take my house and tow my truck away, my wife would run off with the milk man and I'd miss my kids graduations. It's probably a blessing that it's only a couple months of scouting, obsessing and hunting. I can keep it down to just seeking out fellow turkey hunters at social functions, watching hunting videos, making occasional drivebys  of my hunting areas and playing with calls well enough to function more or less normally through the other 10 months of the year..... barely.

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Divenut2 on April 27, 2019, 10:01:11 PM
Nice.  Congrats! I've got 2 tags for zone 2. Gotta wait until  the May 8th season. Crawling outta my skin!

I totally understand! It's a sickness for sure LOL!

tomstopper

Congrats to you and your son.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Marc

Nice birds!  And nice pictures!  Always enjoy seeing someone taking the time to do the pictures right...  I generally attempt to do so, but am often disappointed...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Wisgobbler on April 27, 2019, 10:28:31 PM

Man, if I could call turkeys to the gun year round I'd never leave the woods, I'd lose my job, the bank would take my house and tow my truck away, my wife would run off with the milk man and I'd miss my kids graduations. It's probably a blessing that it's only a couple months of scouting, obsessing and hunting. I can keep it down to just seeking out fellow turkey hunters at social functions, watching hunting videos, making occasional drivebys  of my hunting areas and playing with calls well enough to function more or less normally through the other 10 months of the year..... barely.

So your like most of us that are regulars on this site all the time.. :icon_thumright:

shoer2

Harty

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 28, 2019, 11:30:01 PM
Quote from: Wisgobbler on April 27, 2019, 10:28:31 PM

So your like most of us that are regulars on this site all the time.. :icon_thumright:

Yup! And the rest of you regulars don't make it any easier!!!!