OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Score in Missouri

Started by backforty, April 21, 2019, 08:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backforty

Original bird I set up on dropped into the bottom headed towards the ridge my buddy was on so I decided to go towards the other birds I had heard on the far end of my ridge in the other direction. I went about 75 yds and stopped by a good tree to call from. Had one answer about 60 yds away on the other side of the thicket to my left front. I Sat down with the thicket to my left and old logging rd about 40yds to my front that I thought he would follow. I gave a couple of clucks and scratched and he gobbled again closer. Short time later I could here him drumming to my left front just on the other side of the thicket. Instead of continuing on the logging rd he made a hard right. I could hear him walking but couldn't see him so was afraid to spin. He popped out of the thicket at 30 yds to my hard left. I am left handed so I was in trouble. I waited till he went behind a tree and spun the best I could in my gobbler lounger (definitely a downside to these chairs) he stepped out from the tree and I shot and missed. Instead of running he popped into full strut and stepped behind another tree. I spun out of my chair, got to my knees and got my gun up. I yelped once and he stuck his head out and got a face full of heavyweight #7. Gotta love 2 yr olds. 23lbs, 7/8" spurs and 10.75" beard.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Way to go brother, Congrats

bear hunter

Muzzy61

Congrats !  I've deer hunted Missouri, always wanted to turkey hunt there.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Ctrize

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Mtd69

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

eddie234

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE