turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun knee rest?

Started by MDTOM84, April 21, 2019, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Do any of you guys use a gun rest on your knee? If so which one do you use? Thanks for the help

Fl strutter

I use the one from hs strut i believe it is. Simple and cheap but work good.

Mathews.1

Quote from: Fl strutter on April 21, 2019, 12:54:06 PM
I use the one from hs strut i believe it is. Simple and cheap but work good.
x2

doublespurs21

I use the same one... first thing I do after getting out of the truck and leave it there till noon.

MDTOM84

Well that's what I needed to hear, I'm going to order one right now

Sir-diealot

Thanks for the post, I was wondering about them for next year myself. May get the thing that helps hold them on your shoulder at the same time.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeytider

I use the Knight and Hale Hands Free System. Works really good. Used the H S Strut last year, works too , but I like the K&H system better. The Universal Hands Free, not the Hands Free vest.

runngun

Have the same one for years.  The Hunters Specialty. Works great.

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

wchadw

Quote from: Turkeytider on April 21, 2019, 04:55:41 PM
I use the Knight and Hale Hands Free System. Works really good. Used the H S Strut last year, works too , but I like the K&H system better. The Universal Hands Free, not the Hands Free vest.
I think I have this? It's a should strap you put gun butt in and a knee holder. I use shoulder strap and a trigger stick.  UPDATED - mine is a Knights Hunting products (not knight and hale)  universal.  comes with shoulder strap and knee rest.  I used shoulder strap with a trigger stick.  works great.  i can call on a pot or trumpet and gun is ready to go at all times.

https://www.knightshuntingproducts.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

I've used the HS Strut knee thing for years. But I've got a bad shoulder injury now, so this year I tried out the HS V-Pod. It's a shooting stick with a bipod base that mounts to your barrel. It collapses and clips to your barrel when not in use. It also comes with a shoulder strap that holds the gun in place on your shoulder. It comes with the hardware for both 12 and 20 gauge.
It's been very helpful this season due to my shoulder. I love the strap that holds the stock in place on my shoulder. Although I just put the corner of the butt in the strap, in case I have to lift it out and switch shoulders if the gobbler comes in from the wrong side.
https://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Specialties-V-Pod-Shooting-Stick/dp/B000RL4AVW

Spurs

I've had the same HS Strut Knee Pad for about 15 years now.  That thing has came in handy more often than not.
This year is going to suck!!!

Chris O

Glad this came up. I have looked at these for awhile now and never got one. I didn't know if it would be tall enough for me or not. I told myself I was going to try to make one after season this year. I am too lazy to pack my trigger stick bipod so I usually cut me a Y stick when I get to the woods. May have to get one to try thanks

Tunaguy

I use the Hunters Specialty one- Its alright however if I have to move quickly it slides down my leg to my boot. I wish it had a little deeper V cut in to hold the gun.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

ElkTurkMan

I have used the Hunters specialties one for years.  It works Great! 

Turkeytider

Quote from: wchadw on April 21, 2019, 05:52:02 PM
Quote from: Turkeytider on April 21, 2019, 04:55:41 PM
I think I have this? It's a should strap you put gun butt in and a knee holder. I use shoulder strap and a trigger stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the one. Works well, I think.