OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey subspecies question

Started by Cluckpurrkee, April 15, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cluckpurrkee

Ok guys, I'm seeking to clarify a question about a presumed turkey subspecies.  I'm a novice turkey hunter, and have taken my wife with me several times, in order to have some quality time with her.  She and her girl friend were talking about this rather large gobbler we've got our sights set on.  He has quite the beard on him.  It's a ground dragged. The confusion stems from a comment my wife's friend made to her, and what I'm missing here.  They were chuckling because her friend said something about it being a big Mandingo (spelling?) gobbler and she told my wife she of all people should have no problem calling him in.  I guess I'm missing an inside joke, because my searches turned up nothing to do with any type of turkey or anything hunting related let's just say.  Any attempts seeking clarification with them only resulted in them changing the subject and continuing to laugh and trade looks.  What am I missing? ...help a guy out here.

Tomfoolery

Maybe mandingo was the nickname for a gobbler she bagged in the past?? :popcorn: :TrainWreck1:

Sir-diealot

I have a suspicion it is a off color joke referring to the length of the beard and length of lets just say the male member. Looked up the slang, I will not print it here but if you want to read it for yourself here is the link. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mandingo
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Watch ROOTS

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

drake799

Google just the name lol. I'm guessing your wife's friend knows about something your wife has encountered in the past    Sorry ????

LaLongbeard

Quote from: drake799 on April 15, 2019, 11:34:23 PM
Google just the name lol. I'm guessing your wife's friend knows about something your wife has encountered in the past    Sorry ????
Yep you can google it but you ain't gonna like it. And sounds like your wife's friend told on her past.
Sounds like you got yourself a real lady  there lol
If you plan on staying on this forum you may want to delete this thread when you finally figure this one out.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Hatchet Jack

You guys might have it all wrong. The OP might be a Mandingo ground dragger himself, and the wife may have traded that secret with her girlfriend in the past. Lets hope.

SinGin

Ever seen the movie Django Unchained.  :popcorn:

TTG

This is hilarious, great read to star the morning  O0

Sixes

I believe I would be asking her for some clarification

bbcoach

Quote from: Sixes on April 16, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
X2.  You will understand immediately.  By the way, this is not a subspecies question.

Hatchet Jack

Quote from: bbcoach on April 16, 2019, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: Sixes on April 16, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
X2.  You will understand immediately.  By the way, this is not a subspecies question.
It might be. Some sub species  do have longer......... uh....beards than others.

Spurs Up

I'm gonna go with the OP is just having some fun with you. In his first post at that. Welcome to the forum CPK!

Kansan

spaightlabs

Nice first post semi-troll.

Keep the drag a little looser - you're getting some takers, but try not to make it so obvious in your presentation.