turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bad Sign

Started by zelmo1, April 13, 2019, 08:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I went to Walmart to pick up some turkey targets, not one turkey hunting related item. Never thought I would see the day  :OGturkeyhead:

bigbird

The Walmart in my town use to have all kinds of turkey stuff but not this year. I don't know what the deal is? Maybe they don't sell much of it

SinGin

My Walmart just has stuff left over from last year

slicksbeagles1

If it's like the one where I live they don't order  stock very well. I don't know way but it's like they are trying to force people to order on line and use self checkout. I wrote customer service an email but that was probably only a waste of time. The only thing going to change anything is everyone complain or quit shopping there!

FL-Boss

Less and less each year. Walmart , dicks and other non outdoor corporate stores will eventually stop selling anything hunting related ...including guns.

I hope academy doesn't follow the liberal politically correct trend...

Some of you can probably remember time when you could buy a shotgun at Sears or JCPenney

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Yep....my very first shotgun, H&R Topper 20ga, was purchased at a Kmart in the early 80's.  Not only did they quit selling guns but they quit selling everything.  Internet sales are killing these stores.  The walmarts around me had nary a turkey hunting related item this year.  I hate buying certain or specific products online because you can't feel them, inspect them, and fit them.  I'll pick through several camo items til I find the one I like.  Now Travis picks it for me I guess.  Since he works in the warehouse.... and has a rad man-bun and a super clean jeep. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 13, 2019, 08:43:39 PM
I went to Walmart to pick up some turkey targets, not one turkey hunting related item. Never thought I would see the day  :OGturkeyhead:
I was at our local Wal-Mart the other day and almost nothing turkey related and the one I was in had always been real good for turkey hunters in the past. Sam Walton would be rolling in his grave, he was an avid hunter himself as I understand things.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

30_06

Our local Walmart had a decoy and calls kit combo, and one style of camo t shirt and pants. Nothing else turkey related that I could find. Last year, they had several different types of calls, a selection of vests, and quite a few different clothing choices.

edward.penny

I have 3 Walmarts within 10 miles of me and none carry turkey hunting items. I also have a Cabela's close and even they have very little. I talked with a employee and was told they try and guess how much they will sell and they came up short.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Southerngobbler

My Walmart's forgot all about turkey season as well. Not a hunting related item in that store right now.

Dtrkyman

I hate Walmart anyway, avoid it like the plague!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Saw some calls in Mal-wart but I went to buy a turkey permit. Some have guns and some don't. Some have more hunting stuff than others. Hope people aren't buying from them and they stop selling it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

LaLongbeard

Must be different everywhere. I stopped at a Wallmart in Louisiana that had several different decoys, mouth calls pot calls and strikers. All cheap junk really but they had plenty. They did have a pile of the gobbler lounger chairs, first time I seen those in store usally only online. I'm sure it depends on how much demand there is in the area for the type of hunting equipment they sell.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

joey46

In central FL the Walmart's in Hardee and Desoto Counties had plenty of Turkey supplies.  The stores in Charlotte and Sarasota Counties had zero.  The marketing guys are just doing a best guess.  Doubt if it is more than that.