OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tn

Started by Fatbeard, April 13, 2019, 07:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatbeard

Heard a bird gobble Friday morning before work and eased in there this morning in hopes he would be back. Had been in the woods about 45 minutes and gobble hammers out about 60 yards in front of me and down the hill a piece. Set up on a small flat and after he gobbled several more times I tree yelped very soft on a rivercane yelper. He responded and I hit him again. After several minutes I pull out an aluminum pot and softly yelp. He hammers back. After a while of me being silent he turns on the limb. Other hens are breaking the silence I pull out a Shadetree Callers box call and cackle with it and set it down. He spins back around and pitches out and hits the ground 35 yards or so and 2 steps later he is flopping. 20 pounds 10 1/4 beard and just shy 1" spurs

East TN Beard Buster

ccleroy

Drycreek

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats, though's are the ones that make us think we know what we're doing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

j.goebel

Congrats on the bird!
Justin Goebel

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NCL

Nice and congratulations

roverboy

Congratulations. I'm in Tn. too but, haven't had any luck so far. Haven't heard a lot gobbling so far.
Listen for the gobble

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

randy6471

Cottonmouth

Nice bird and great story. Keep up the good work.

joey46

Congrats!  Big bird.

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase