turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Iowa Season 2

Started by oakraidia, April 12, 2019, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakraidia

After looking at the forecasted high of 43° and gusts of 45 I wasn't too sure if I'd be going out for opening day of season 2, but I decided to put my bibs on and deal with it. And I'm glad I did. I heard a few gobbles right at sunrise, but nothing sounded to be on the property I have permission for. Since I was setup right where I had scouted turkeys I decided to wait it out. About 9 am I thought I heard a gobble, but wasn't too sure so I made a few cuts. Right away I heard a gobble that sounded a ways off, since I knew he heard me I never made another sound and this tom gobbled the whole way to me. 5 minutes later he came into view.
23.88 lbs, 10.5" beard, both spurs were 1 3 /16"

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice bird..hope to get back to Iowa my home state and get some hunting in sometime

j.goebel

Congrats on a great bird!
Justin Goebel

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Nice one. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

oakraidia

Quote from: Yoteduster on April 12, 2019, 08:24:06 PM
Congrats on a nice bird..hope to get back to Iowa my home state and get some hunting in sometime
Thanks and feel free to shoot some yotes when you do.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

captpete

Congrats on getting it done a NASTY day. It never got much about 35* and the wind was a constant 25-35mph here.

Chris O

You did better than me. I heard more than I thought I would but I kicked 2 toms out of trees during mid morning one at 8:30 and the other at 10:30. I called in a couple hens and 1 Jake so it was better than I thought it would be and that wind didn't let up at all. Congrats on your great bird

bigbird

Nice bird. Congratulations

renegade19

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.