OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The anticipation is killing me...  (Read 2028 times)

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
The anticipation is killing me...
« on: April 10, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »
My season starts Saturday in VA. One more day of work and then my wife and I head out on Friday.  Derek and whitelightning are in OK so I have been getting sketchy updates from them as a tease. They will leave there and get to NM on Sunday in time for Monday's opener.

Tonight I was prepping the camper and thought I heard a gobble. It was getting darker but I stopped to listen, faced the last light in the western sky and sure enough a distant gobble. Not a regular thing to hear birds at the house, but I love it when it happens!  I have my turkey hunting stuff ready for my trip, even remembered my scale, measuring tape and paper to write stats on!

I see a bunch of the team starts on Monday. I am hunting 2 days in VA and then a 4 hr drive to the in-laws place in WV just in time for the opener there. Good luck to everyone as your seasons start. Be safe, kill one and take/post LOTS of pictures!!! Let's hear some stories to go with them too.

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
Re: The anticipation is killing me...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
Wind has been killing us. But we are having fun. Should lay down Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 03:09:37 PM »
Bonce's 2nd with a little upgrade over his first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »
Leaving for Missouri in the morning. WILL take better pics this year.  D  congrats on knocking them down..
Don't gobble at me...