turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

May Turkey Hunting

Started by macobb, April 08, 2019, 07:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macobb

Looking into taking a trip this season. Wanting to know what states are open after May 10th and what the population looks like in those areas. I am googling info but it's being very tedious and just looking for some insight. Thanks
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

HookedonHooks

KS, NE, SD all go through May 31st.

If possible I'd plan a trip in which you can hunt both states. KS/NE is a good public land multi state hunt as the border is loaded with access and birds. If you're fine with shooting hybrids that'd be my suggestion. If you're looking for a more pure Merriam, I'd go Northwest NE or SD. 

tomstopper

NY. Finger lakes area with rolling hills is beautiful and has some birds

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

you have ohio, new York and Pa still open at this time period................

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomstopper on April 08, 2019, 08:17:50 PM
NY. Finger lakes area with rolling hills is beautiful and has some birds

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Sure does, this is my neck of the woods, love it here. Turkey season Starts May 1 and ends May 31 you can only hunt between sunup and noon just so you know. Decent populations if you can get away from the farmland the Mennonites have raped.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

greencop01

All New England states open thru last week of May. Including Massachusetts.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

OJR

Hunted in Herkimer County, NY last year in May. Beautiful country and managed to harvest a couple.

TauntoHawk

pretty much every state north of the mason dixon line is mid to early in their seasons at that point, it's about perfect timing for much of the north. Also a ton of Midwest and western states are still open and good at that time. There are going to be at least 10-15 state options, so you could factor driving distance and what you are looking for terrain and topography wise. River Bottom Nebraska and Catskills New York are going to look and hunt a lot different.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

May is my favorite time to hunt PA, WV, and MD.
WV - May 11
MD - May 23
PA - May 31